Look out!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Scott Daw, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    The USS TipsAlot has come home!! She an Old Town Guide series 147 Canoe. I picked her up tonight at the Hamburg Cabelas. It was fun driving thru the construction zone on route 78 in the cattle shoots at 10:30pm with this on doing 45/50 mph and seeing a front end loader swing close. I thought it was going to take my new canoe. Oohh and I got my 2 year boat launch permit & my fishing license. before I went I stopped at home depot & got a big heavy chain & pad lock and an Eye bolt. tomorrow Im bolting it to my shed but for the moment its in the back yard chained to part of the house.

On the way home I told my wife I had named her already. She asked me if I was naming it the Cassie 2 since Cassie is my soon to be daughters nick name. I told her no. So I told her. there was dead silence for 2 minutes. I think its the longest she's been quiet with out her being unconscious!! I asked if there was any comments and she said no. then I asked her if she wanted me to rename it to Cassie 2 & she said no since i'd already named it. (hey, I let her pick the color what more did she want). What kind of paint should I use to put her name on the hull?

Attached Files:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I have to clean it since they couldnt get all the tape residue from the signs they had on it off of it.

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Scott, I think I seen some scatches on the back picture from that enloader. Have fun.:smile2:

4. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Scott, she's a beauty! You'll have many good memories of times you spent with her!

Getting paint to stick to plastic is very difficult/impossible, although Krylon has a line of spray paints that they claim will adhere to plastic. Having something along the lines of a bumper sticker printed up may be your best bet.

Some of your tie-downs appear to be touching your car...big no-no! They will rub through your paint very quickly, and what you name your canoe will drop quickly from the head of your list of domestic issues.:tounge_out: