Look Out, Here She Comes, She's Comin'

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    The Alberta Clipper, that is.

Good grief, I dread this...gonna be a rough week or so.:sad2:

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh yeah... I'm heading out to bring in a HUGE load of firewood.
    Was just gonna stop here and post... LOOK OUT ~ ICE on the way...
    when I saw your thread.

Looks like several days of it, so I hope everybody will prepare early and stay safe.

Wind is howling like a banshee out there right now, but it's still nearly 60 degrees. Tomorrow will be a different story!

Thanks, Dave. Take it easy :smile2:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Three day weekend coming up and the weather is not going to cooperate:sad2: . Was hoping to get some fishing in. Me and Big Sam may try to brave the cold Monday:cross: .

4. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    It just started sprinkling here about 25 minutes ago. Temp is holding steady at 48 degrees. Calling for heavy rains for the next three days and turning colder. Wind is blowing at a pretty good clip too. I've got the firewood on the carport already and puter is up and running. Let er come!

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    56 degrees here and windy. Supposed to get rain tonight with temps dropping. Winter is here

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Firewood's in! About blew away out there, tho :eek:oooh: Had to keep the back door open for a time and the chickens decided to help themselves to the cat food inside.... never a dull moment :tounge_out:

Still 60 degrees, skies looking like rain, but no drippy stuff yet!

Hatches are battened down, got a bird roasting in the oven, and I'm with Squirts... long as the internet connection holds, we're in business :lol:

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    This will be the acid test for our new birdbath heater.

I'll bring the feeders in at dark and fill them, ready to go back out as soon as the icing is done.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    1" of ice for tomorrow, somehow, I don't think its gonna hit us hard on the ice part until evening tomorrow when the sun goes down and the ground is able to cool enough to freeze

I hope

9. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Be careful down there guys. It got down to ten above here last night and the forcast for the next 10 days looks rough.

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i love it! i hope we get an inch or 2 of ice....maybe a couple of inches of snow....that way, "She Who Must Be Obeyed" can't gripe at me for sitting in the house and watching football playoffs:lol:

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Oh, I dunno, Phil... SWMBO may decide she wants to go ice skatin :big_smile:

Stay safe :wink:

12. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Wind advisory all day. Reminds me of NW Kansas. Rain starts tonight and throughout the day tommorrow with freezing rain starting after midnight on Friday. I got some firewood for the heated fishing dock at Tenkiller. I think they called off the snow but the ice will be the big problem

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a temp box for the weather channel in my icon bar and it's as red as blood! That means were in a warning. Within the last 5 minutes,it has dropped from 32 degrees to 30,and like Hope said the wind bout blows ya away.

14. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Phil,

Last weekend I lost my reason to watch any more football. We are expecting some freezing rain/icing tomorrow, with a quarter inch of ice in round 2 on Saturday, followed by freezing rain/snow for round 3 on Sunday.

For everybody in northern Arkansas, the Missouri Ozarks, northwestern Oklahoma, southeastern Kansas, all the way to Illinois, the Weather Service talked some REAL trash about your weekend. Everybody be careful this weekend.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey all down here we'resupposed to get about 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch of ice and maybe a little snow on top of that , I've been up since 5 AM and the temp has dropped from 34 to 24 and we've got light freezing fog right now looks like a good weekend to stay inside

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    60 deg here yesterday, 20 deg this morning. Good thing the sports show is this weekend, cause there isn't going to be much else going on!

17. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    This Arkansas weather is something else. Got up this morning and it was warm outside. It drizzled a little and quit. Now it is just cloudy. But the news keeps saying we are in for rain, will see.

18. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, it was 62 here at 5 am and now we're down to 44. S'posed to switch over to freezing rain after Noon, but they didn't close the schools.

Trisha, I think you're in the path of all this, too. Got batteries? :lol:

The thing that bugs me about havin no power is ... on a well, got no water, either. We have lanterns and fireplace, gas range, but without water things can get pretty messy quick. O well, we'll deal with whatever comes. Everybody stay warm! :smile2:

19. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sure hope this ice doesn't get as bad as they say. Gonna be a lot of power lines down if it does. No power means no computor :eek:oooh: and that means no BOC :sad2: Whats a guy gonna do with all that free time.Don't like to read that much so anyone got ideas.Do have a generator so if I have to I'll hook up the camper and plug it in. Lets hope that don't come to that.Stay safe out there.

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a temp of 14 degrees. Had a few snow flurries. Closing schools east of me but my location is still up and running. My weather icon presently is bright blue,which means there are no weather advisorys for my neck of the woods yet. It might be that all we get is extreme cold.Trust me thats enough,I don't mind snow but I have no use for icy roads! My neighbor's daughter over New Years totalled her car because of an ice glazing that was just barely on the roads.She was very lucky.All she got was a broken thumb,but tore her car all to pieces.Oh I hate icy roads. Everyone out there,I really care about ya all so don't get out if you don't have too ok!!Life is too precious,and unless it's an emergency please just stay in and stay warm!:big_smile: