Look out, HARRY OLD IS COMING!

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Cuz, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Fellow Catfisherman/Woman please allow me to introduce our 'estranged' club member Harold Hicks, aka Harry, aka Harry Old, aka Skunk Master.

Harry has decided Louisiana is a much better place to reside than Missouri. He probably wont be hard to spot. Hell be towing about one of 10 different boats, none of which run. :smile2:

Well miss Harry up here in Missouri, but I'm sure you nice folks will welcome him with open arms. Harry makes a great target to pick on, and your BOC entertainment value just went up 10 fold!

As well, your local fish populations wont be harmed any, hence his avatar name. :smile2:

Well miss ol Harry up here, but I'm sure he will have a hoot in the great state of Louisiana.

2. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    While your fish will be safe your waffle houses will not.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Harold likes to Barbecue big time. Usually a whole hog. Watch your live stock close. Also be ready for an invite at any time. Our loss is your gain.

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Did somebody mention food.. Oh well guess I will have to wait till the end of the month when I finally get moved.. Am sure looking forward to Big Shrimp and Blue tip crabs.. Ohhh boy am I ready.. hehehe

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Harold, you know Louisiana would love to have you. come on down, we got shrimp and blue crabs ready to go in the pot, Ahhheeee. did i mention cold Corona's too?

6. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok I've been reading posts.. So what is fish cooked on the half shell.. That is mentioned from time to time..

7. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Oysters are cooked or served raw on the half shell. Sometimes a different mixtures of seafood are combined in a dressing and served on half an oyster's shell, but "fish on the half shell" is a new one on me and I have lived here for 45 years. If anyone knows what he is talking about other than my explanation, please enlighten us both.

Thanks to all the MISSOU contention for the advance warning but I am sure he will fit right in down here. Hell, half my family moved to Missouri and their way of life never changed...Well not too much. :big_smile:

Good people will always find themselves right at home, wherever they may roam.

8. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    If he likes to cook and eat like it says he will fit in.:big_smile::big_smile:

9. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cook anything and they will come...whether they stay or not is a whole different story so have some beer on hand as a backup
    DC

Where do you live Dewayne Lee? I figured the Louisiana part out so be a little more specific...:wink:

10. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Shreveport:big_smile::big_smile:

11. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Cool...we had a BOC gathering up there at Bistineau a few years back and had a blast.

12. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I don't guess I heard about that one.

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah hes old and likes to ramble on and on about these secret holes he has. Of course when he took someone there they had moved. Oh and if he wants to sell you a boat you prolly should buy it cause he has a way of beatin hisself out of a good deal. But you should never, I repeat never buy him dinner unless you have hit the lottery. Other than that he is ok. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I did a Google search for Fish on the Half shell and came up with this recipe.

Funny thing is I have eaten fish prepared like this and never knew it was called fish on the half shell. This just goes to show me that I am a lot smarter than I give myself credit for...:tounge_out:

15. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    Never tried it with the bacon on it, but for quick and easy just melt butter in a coffee cup (microwave) pour on, add a little Tony's, Lowry's Lemon Pepper, a fresh squeezed lemon, and throw it on the grill. Make sure you can scrape under the scales with a spatula without going "against the grain" or it will be tricky, haha! In other words, while placing it on the pit make sure the tail is the far end from you. :big_smile: Nice and easy and minimal mess to clean up!

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Now that sounds good... Hey Bob you old fart, Jake the kid I fished with called me today and he was fishing my holes and had already caught a 35 lb blue.. He had to rub it in.. Thats why I can't catch anything up there.. He keeps everything he catches.. Sure wished I wouldn't of taaught him how to catfish now..

17. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Shite son just tho it on sum foil an fergit it....
    New technique...
    Foil it and fergit it!
    No sticken no pricken just good ole fanger lickin...dats whut Ima talkin bout rite dar.

18. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Alright guys I made it down here last night about 9 oclock.. got the camper set up somewhat in the dark and settled in for tonight.. I am now officially a resident of Broussard, La.. Lookout little fishes.. hehehe

19. LouisianaFishNut

LouisianaFishNut New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Harry, I don't get on here often, but would like to welcome you to LA. I read through the posts on this thread and it sounds like you're a good fit for here. Good guy, plenty of boats, and loves to eat! I think we could grant you "honorary cajun" status! :smile2: Fish, eat, and enjoy the South!!
    Scott

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ok took the boat out Wednesday to Cypremort point on the gulf, part of Vermillion Bay I think.. Bait was almost impossible to find, seen some hitting the top of the water just not fast enough with net.. hehehe.. Wind come up, 4 ft swells but boat handled them like a trooper, got soaked but it was fun.. Youngest boy caught a saltwater catfish which was the only thing caught.. I need a guide to teach me how to fish the area.. Anybody want to vollunteer