Look out boaters

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by beetle, Jun 30, 2008.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just kidding! Well maybe not!LOL:wink: Picked up a new pontoon last Friday a 2009 Family Cast Master from Palm Beach Boats. Its a 22 footer with an Evinrude ETech 90hp. Has 2 live wells and a couple of fishing chairs and rod holders. Has a real nice layout. So far its rained every day but I did get it out between rain storms Saturday and ended up in the rain yesterday but I'm real pleased with it and my better half seems to like it too (despite the nasty weather)! So keep an eye out for this old long haired hippie on the water and let me know any tips or things to look out for with a pontoon.

2. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Nice looking boat, have fun.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thats a good boat.. congrats...rollo

4. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    Great lookin toon, been lookin at BassPro's 19 footer.....Enjoy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:wink:

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Great lookin boat Beetle! It will look a whole lot better once ya get the first coat of slime on her.

6. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Nice lookin boat beetle, congrats!

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice boat,congrats on it.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Roger, congratulations on the new boat :cool2:.

9. hawk

hawk New Member

State:
    kenton ohio
    nice looking rig you have there beetle

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    toons are nice my fishing partner has one and only thing id sugest is make sure you have enough anchor.they catch a lot more air than a regular boat and catch more water to.

11. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    a boat something like that too. If there is a single chink the armor that I see it might be those tires on the trailer. And believe me I mean this as a friend, KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR TIRE PRESSURE in those little tires! And understand that those tires are only rated for a max of 65 MPH under best conditions. I've had enough tire failures on boat trailers, travel trailers, utility trailers that I've learnd most of this the HARD way. Always carry at least one spare also. Those small tires turn many more times per mile than bigger tires and build up heat VERY fast. Hence the need to watch pressures. Just five lbs less than needed and POW! And if you're like me, I know you'd much rather be fishin than sitting along side the road dealing with blown up tires. Didn't mean to preach, but I wasn't kiddin about learning these things the hard way. he he he. Have fun and enjoy your new toy! Be safe!

12. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Nice boat, congrats. Pontoons are real nice to fish from, just a pain to trailer around because of the width. If I had someplace that I could leave one in the water for the season I would definately have one.

13. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice toon beetle, thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing some fish caught from her!

14. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    nice rig , I have an older one & they are great to fish out of

15. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice setup... Spending the night on a 'toon waiting for the big kitty has got to be heaven!

16. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Nice rig. Make sure if you trailer it that you go to the side where the wind will pin the boat to the dock. It's not fun trying to control the beast when the wind is pushing it away.

Side curtains on 2 or 3 sides and a propane heater make for a cozy time on a cold day.

Propane grills are great on a toon.

If you want to anchor and not move..... sell the boat. Seriously, they are difficult to control in the wind. My best advise in a good breeze is to anchor broadside (lake only) and put both anchors out the same side.

Good luck, be safe and have fun!

Shawn

17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good deal man! Glad it cam ein finally. Let us know how the maiden voyage goes and then give me a shout when you want to head out of Tanners and maybe Ill take my boat with me and can hang around you as we fish to make sure all goes wel. Nothing like having somene close to you on the big river the first few times on the river for safety reasons.

Salmonid

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sweet rig Roger. I haven't fished from one much, but i like the space for important stuff like grills, air beds, coolers and possibly even another person.:smile2: