Look out below!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MO RIVER MAN, May 24, 2007.

1. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Omaha is getting pounded right now the nish is flooding again. Probably sending some more trees your way. Good luck.

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    thanks for the heads up river man

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Such as the Nodaway and the Big Tark is flooding but I'm thinking that should be perfect for some Channel Cattin! Man I want to go so bad i can't hardly stand it! I have the fever bad!! Real bad! Problem is I'm kinda crippled up right now and I can't convince anyone to go with me. I need a fishin buddy really bad right now.My husband will fish but to be honest he is way more into hunting than he ever will be fishing.Bah Humbug I want to fish!!:smile2:

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Yep, looks like my weekend river fishing plans are shot - the Missouri is supposed to rise to 24 ft by Saturday morning, which ought to bring lots of trees, etc. along with it.

Was actually planning to go up on the Kansas river on Saturday, but I suspect it'll be even higher, due to the flooding rains in north-central Kansas...

May be time to put Plan B into effect and go down to the Truman tailrace instead...

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Since when has that EVER been a plan B? :big_smile:
    Most states would do anything for a spot to catfish like that, we have so many good places that Truman tailrace is reduced to "plan B". LOL

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    ... Ever since gas hit $3.29 a gallon! 230 miles round-trip, 12 mpg = $64.... :eek:oooh:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    $64 to fish below Truman? Sounds like a great deal to me. All we got around here, is the Missouri and the Mississippi. Yeah, we have some decent cats, but they are obviously the ones that were too lazy to run up the Osage, sneak through Bagnel Dam, skip across LOZ and run up river a bit further to Truman Dam. Plumb Lazy they is. Course, they are good and fat from just sittin around and not doing all that runnin.:tounge_out:

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    4 miles to Truman dam. $3.29 a gal. for gas. 8 miles round trip @ 12 mpg= $ 2.19 :big_smile:
    The things we have to do to fish.....
    Plan B for me, wait until monday when all the week enders go back home....

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Don't forget to add in the cost of all the members who are going to move in with ya just to be near Truman. :big_smile:

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I'm trying to convice my buddy or my girlfriend to go with me up to the Truman Tailrace and fish either Saturday night or Sunday night. I will only be fishing in the no boat zone though since my boat isn't ready to go out on the water just yet.