Look, Not a star in the sky Just a BLACK CLOUD!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by whiteriverbigcats, Sep 23, 2009.

1. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well me and Otis hit the IPL Dam tonight. Bait was easy to catch.. Very aggresive! I started casting gills out around 8 or so.. Then Otis showed up.
    We fished for what seemed forever tonight.. I couldnt catch a thing.. I had 4 bites all night.. and didnt land any fish besides two drum.. and thats bait.. Otis landed 3 nice channels and a gar.. I threw everything at them I could think of.. Even a baseball!!! The river was full of junk floating around as if it flooded but it hadnt.. So after being at the river 9 hours I have nothing to show for it... I GOT SKUNKED!!!! But at least someone was catching fish.. We done decided plan for the next time and Im sure we will both come home with new PB's.. But as it stands now the black cloud is only inches above my head and its about to storm!!!:angry::confused2::wink::crazy::eek:oooh::cool2:

Attached Files:

2. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Here are a few more of Otis and his catches...

Attached Files:

3. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the report.

4. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Ok truth be told i used very advanced catfishing techniques to lure the fish to where he was positioned at.. SWEAR!!! Im that awsome! Anyways I had a good time and I figured I would wait till the trip was almost over before I start catching fish.. And sure enough.. WAMMMMMM!!! Fish on! I yelled for Otis to get the net.. But he was to excited to understand anything.. But I cant blame him.. I am after all the self proclaimed " Greatest Catfisherman In The world. "

Well once i got this beast in I was happier the a fly on a warm freash pile of dog poo! If you dont beleive me see for yourself!!!

Attached Files:

5. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    OK, Ok...... This is how I really felt after 9 1/2 hours on the dang river and all I caught was this stupid ****ing dumba** drum!!! I hate that fish Im glad i chunked him up into tiny little pieces!!!!! If it was here now I would cut it up more!!!!:angry:

Attached Files:

6. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Don't have a stroke fooling around with that fish.
    Last thing we need is for you to be the one flopping on the shore while the fish is getting its kicks!!

7. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    Thanks for the report

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What a pleasant and unbiased recounting of a night out cat fishing. It was filled with scintillating detail and every descriptive word kept my eager appetite for enlightenment yearning for more!. Otis is my new hero! Shane, I don't know if I can read any more of your post till you get the smell of drum off your fingers........lol :eek:oooh::embarassed: :smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    shane thanks for the report congrats otis

10. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol Shane, you got some faces man. Bet you're in bed sawin' logs right now- and I gotta go net hogheads by myself again.
    I think ya'll need to leave that damn dam alone until it floods around here... those Mexicans have cleaned that hole out for the season.

11. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    while we were fishin shane decided to go on a little adventure and left me with all of his poles. after about five minutes his clicker strted going off so i set the hook for him in the fish felt huge. Me bein a nice guy i strted to call him to tell him to get his ass over here so he could reel it in and have a little action since i was gettin it all lol and it didnt help i didnt kno how 2 reel the fansy baitcaster in by the time i got him on the phone the fish flopped off. i think it heard shanes voice and wanted nothin do with him

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  12. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    i tried to get him out on the canoe but i dont think he wanted anything to do with the after my canoe story

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    it will happen... trust me...

14. ColtsFan317

ColtsFan317 New Member

State:
    Indpls,IN
    did you check it out yet?

15. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    no not yet.. this off and on rain wont allow it.. Im not driving a 4x4 and i know that the fields are soft even with what little rain we got... Now im gonna have to wait..

16. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    depending on what time im done tonight, and how much i been drinking, i might give holly the wrong directions home... ill go back to your paradise hole n throw rocks at passing boats!

17. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You didn't get skunked iffin you caught bait! :wink: Sounds like you need the services of the master flatter, Dr.Pepper!! :cool2:

Bill in SC