LOOK AT THIS! BAFFLING!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by rcbbracing, Jun 21, 2009.

1. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Varmint sniper and myself it salf fork last week and i do have to say it was the most exciting night of channel catfishing EVER! even tho we didnt connect with very many and the biggest was only 6.5lbs....Anyway I was fishing with a 14 inch redhorse sucker and got a hell of a good run but when i set the hook apparently he didnt have it all in his mouth cuz i missed the flat and the sucker got skinned BUT he was still alive so i threw him back out. Starting 10 minutes after that cast i would get a 3 or 4 foot run....when I got to the pole he would stop....ide sit down and ten minutes later he would run again...this went on for over a half hour...well when i reeled the sucker in this is what i found! I have never seen a turtle do this to a bait!:angry:

Attached Files:

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    dosent look like turtle carnage but man i really dont know what the hell

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have had many a turtle chew up a bait like that.

4. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    the last turtle i caught was giving me the little PECKER runs and then just mashed it screaming clicker could have been though no toothy fish would do it up like that would it

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah Jack I second that thought. That's what my bait looks like after a turtle gets a hold of it.

6. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    It was turtle dinner.

7. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i hate them i caught 1 that night was a med sized leather back turtle and lets say he didnt get to dine on any more gills or cut bait after he ran into us lol

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sure looks like a 100% turtle nipping from the pics.

9. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    poor poor sucker god put him hear to catch DAVE a big ol flathead and some hungry turtle just had to ruin that lol the stuff i come up with :smile2:

10. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    iv been told i set the hook to hard, but dave, come on to set the hook SO HARD that you skin the poor lil sucker, and get back alive:smile2::smile2::smile2:the catfish was thinking, what the h!!! happen, did that thing just desolve in my mouth or what :big_smile::big_smile::wink:

11. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    A flat will chew them up like that too.

12. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    great pics never had anything do that to bait i had out

13. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ive never heard of a flat doing that to a bait!....why chew it up when you can swallow it whole and go for the next bait? Ide find it kinda hard to believe BUT am very intrigued by your thought....:big_smile:

14. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    haha! sorry....I do set the hook hard! But in all fairness to me, he didnt get skinned maybe more like scaled? Hey will what would you call what happened when i set the hook? Skinned or scalled? But yeah i am positive that flat was quite confused by it! haha!

15. varmint_sniper

State:
    OHIO
    how bought this he got so scared from seeing a giant flathead that he swam so hard he came outta his skin? lmao what i come up with ya like DAVE ?:smile2:

16. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    will prolly got hugry and was chompin on it while u were sleepin. that guy aint right. (dont tell him i said so). if i dont catch a giant this weekend i am not fishin with yall again. wife is already worked up over it. since dave sent me a txt that said "miss ya baby" she thinks yall are fruits. i told her it was probably a txt for his wife that he accidentally sent to me (god i hope it was)

17. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Oh trust me it was a good sized sucker! Boy was i dissappointed when i missed that first flat!:eek:oooh:

18. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yeah will isnt right but lets me honest thats why we invite him (entertainment value) but wait....i think thats why we invite you too:smile2: any special sprinkles lately?haha! Oh and with the text that said miss ya baby we were hoping she got the txt not knowing it was a guy who sent it....lol

19. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    she knew it was yall but now she thinks yall are (whats p.c. for homos?) fruits?

20. big bolt

big bolt New Member

State:
    camden point misssouri
    After thorough investigation i think you somehow casted all the way to the Amazon!! I hate when pirahnas mess with my bait and i hate turtles like the one that did that too. To bad you missed that first hit