LongView Lake?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Cat catcher10, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was wondering if any one here who lives close to Grandview,MO has been catfishing in the longview lake?If so, then how is it?

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Never fished there. Nothing there but a lot of small (very small) channel cats and supposedly some flatheads, but they're probably still small as well. Haven't heard of *anyone* here on the BOC fishing in that lake in the last year.

Longview and Blue Springs Lake are both pretty worthless for fishing in the summer time as far as I'm concerned - too much boat and jet ski traffic. Don't know about the winter.

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I hate to discourage you, but I have to agree with Marty that Longview has been a dink hole. I've put in more time there with less to show for it than anywhere else I fish, but in the end all I caught were some under 1lb channel cats.

A better choice for nice channel cats in that area is the James A Reed Wildlife Area. I’ve seen channels cats up to 16lbs come out of the little lakes there, and heard of some 20’s. It’s for sure a good place to catch a mess of 3-5lb’ers.

4. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    yeah gary...iv'e been fishing up at James A. Reed and thats about what ya catch there.They got some pretty good lakes there.Iv'e also fished up in Louise Burg and out in PLeasonton.They got some pretty good lakes to....No huge fish i dont think but a lot of GREAT eaters!