Longview Lake - Where is a great fishing spot to catch catfish?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by goldentilapia, Oct 5, 2007.

1. goldentilapia

goldentilapia New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    Hi All,

I am visiting Kansas City, Missouri for the month of October. I reside in the tropical island state of Hawaii. Does anyone know where I could try catfishing on Longview Lake or Blue Springs Lake? I would be pretty much limited to the bank.

Thanks,
    Keith

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to Missouri Keith. I am from the other side of the state so I cant help you on the lake info. But fret not for someone will be along shortly to help you out.

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Forget Longview-Blue Springs Lake and Jacomo are your best bets. There are lots of places to bank fish, and it's fairly easy to get shad from either off of the bank. Good luck, and let us know when you're out here.

4. jbratton22

jbratton22 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Got a new boat and need someone to hit the river with me before it gets to cold. Let me know if you want to go after some big cats.

5. goldentilapia

goldentilapia New Member

State:
    Hawaii
    Doug,

Thank you for the tip on Jacomo. Have you heard of James A Reed? Didn't get to spend too much time at the small lakes, but my four year old son, Samuel, got a few bluegill. He was happy to catch something. I'll try Jacomo next week. I'll let you know.

Blessings,
    Keith