Longest you have fished...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by BigCat4, Aug 26, 2006.

1. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    Longest i have fished would be at least 13 hours and about to break that record with 15 today and tonight going into tommorow

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    About 10 hrs is the longest I have fished..Most of my trips are 5-6 hrs.

3. BigCat4

BigCat4 New Member

State:
    Quincy,Ill
    ya we only go on ling fishing trips when my mom is in good mood or when me and my dad pick up the house and fix breakfast before she gets up in the morning but if we dont do anything she will call us when its been like 4 hours and we have to be home lol

4. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    the longest i fished was from 5 in the morning to about 8 or nine at night. then with a small break for dinner in a restaurant then all night until about 9 to 3 in the morning. i dont know how many hours that is but it was HARD to keep my eyes open LOL!

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    my longest trip was about 8 hours, and that was without a single bite! I was with a couple of other guys, so that is why I stuck around.

6. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Fresh water about 12-15 I was:beated:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Rookies, nothing but rookies. LOL
    38 straight hours below Carlyle dam in Illinois.

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I swear on my life that I had fished 44 hours in one sitting. It was a warm march weekend and i was fishing a warmwater discharge on the Delaware the catfsih and stripers were going non stop. I had fallen asleep in my chair a couple times to wake up and see half my line off of my reel. A guy that regularly fishes the area came and went three times. He just could not believe that I had been there the whole time. LOL

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Went about 2-3 hours before sunset and man was it hot,we stayed until after midnight,still didn't get a thing! It was lots of fun tho-------pk powell:smile2:

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I just got finished fishing a ten hour overnight tournament last night. I have fished a 12 hour overnight tournament. As long as fish are biting those all night tourneys are fun, but if the bite dies off around 2:00am it can get boring as hell.

Last night was good even with the dieing bite because we knew we had a good stringer of fish. We ended up second, losing by one...YES ONE...ounce!!!

11. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    My average fishing day is 10 hours. Did that Friday and couldn't buy a bite and found not much bait with the castnet. Didn't bring any with me.

12. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Wow some of y'all are dedicated. I have gone fishing on consecutive days but I don't believe I could go more than 12 or so. When I lived in Florida, there were offshore boats that would go out for 36 hours at a time, but I believe there were cots that people could snooze on.

13. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    The beginning of June, some friends and I went to Merritt Reservoir out in central Nebraska. We got there on thursday night, and before the tents were out of the car, I threw my lines in. The entire time, I had at least one pole in the water until we left monday at noon.

And even though I didn't catch one single fish, I had a great time! No phones, no pagers, no televisions, no bosses, no ex-wives, no traffic lines, nor bills.:cool2:

14. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i don't know. i kinda lose track of time when im out fishing. you would probably have to ask my wife that question. she could probably tell ya right down to the millisecond! :big_smile:

15. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    When I was a lot younger, I use to go camping all weekend and have a line in all the time, no idea how many hours though. Now a 7 hour trip is plenty long for me, half of it is being able to sit on the bank and visit with my fishin Bud.

16. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I can't remember how many hours but have fished when I was younger for close to 24 hours. My average fishing trips these days run between 10-14 hours. Fiqure if i'm gonna burn the gas to get to my fishing spots, then I'm waiting for the fish to show up! LOL

17. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Longest for me was about 14 to 15 hours

18. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    the longest I have fished was from 5:30 am to 2:00 am last summer and that I probley won't happen again now about 9 to 10 hours

19. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    my longest was about 16 hrs at a steamplant here close to clarksville TN from 6 PM till 12 PM noon the next day

20. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    My longest would be 24 hours by starting prefishing at 8:00 am and fish all day and then a all nighter tournament.