Longest turkey beard so far

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Catmaster, May 2, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    What is the longest beard everyone has harvested so far this year. Mine was a little 7 inch.

2. bankpoleken

bankpoleken New Member

State:
    Mattoon, Illinois
    Three and a half weeks ago I shot a 21 lb. Tom with three beards. The longest was 10.5 inches with the other two going 4.5 inches and 4.0 inches. He also had 1.25 inch spurs. I am 69 years old and have been turkey hunting for only two years and this was my first kill.

3. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I got one w/ a 8 1/2 inch beard that weighted 30 pounds.

4. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Mine was 9inch. (turkey beard that is)

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats on the Turkey kill! Don't hear of a 3 bearded bird very often! That is a special kill! Great job!

6. westkyhntr

westkyhntr New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Little brother and I tagged out the first two days of season .
    lil bro took his first ever bird a 6:20 Am opening morn 22.5 lb and 11.75 inch beard. 1.5 spurs his second was 11inch beard and 1 inch spurs 19 lb.
    my birds were 11 inch beard and 1.25 inch spurs 20 lb and 7 inch beard and 22 lb .75 spurs. all killed within 300 yards of each other .

7. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    22# eastern 2 beards 10.5" paint brush,and a nubby 4"...spurs... one of em was alot longer then the other classic 1 1/8" limb hangin spur and the other was 23mm lil less than an inch and wasnt really even sharp,im thinkin he damaged that one some time ago...3rd bow bird,took 2 shots to bring em down,first one hit em just under the wing bone and i thought he was goin down but instead he tried to fly but couldnt so he started walkin off at a fast pace got about 25yrds out and sent another magnus through his spine,1st shot was a lil over 10yrds...he would have went down eventually with the first shot but the direction he was goin i would have had to search pretty hard to find him in the waist high mustard grass,better safe then sorry.

8. tkyhnt

tkyhnt New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had a very productice year both in Kansas an in Mo, my largest bird was the second harvested in Kansas, a 21 pound bird with an 11" brush and an inch and a quarter spurs. My largest Mo bird weighed in at 20.5 pounds had an awsome 11 3/4" beard and 1 1/8" spurs. Not real heavy but nice birds all around.