Longest sniper shot ever.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CatSlayer715, Sep 27, 2009.

1. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    WARNING!! May be graphic to some. More than likely be funny to others!

Canadian sniper making 2 of the longest record holding shots ever. I guess the Canadians do help us in this war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbcMcaabd4

2. badboy19379

badboy19379 New Member

State:
    Denver, Indiana

3. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Well...... oh well... good shot anyway!!:smile2:

4. sportsmanfromkc

sportsmanfromkc New Member

State:
    kansas
    gunny hathcock has the longest recorded sniper shot if i am not mistaking....maybe thats longest confirmed kill......anyways. its a marine thing.....lol....oh rah.......

5. SouthGADan

SouthGADan New Member

State:
    Lyons, GA
    I believe the longest recorded sniper kill was by a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan with a McMillan Tac-50. Unsure of the distance though. Gunny Hathcock held it before.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  6. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The longest range recorded sniper kill was a Canadian, personally I thought Carlos Hathcock still held the record from 1967 in Vietnam at 2,286 meters (2,500 yds / 1.420 miles).

The longest range recorded for a sniper kill currently stands at 2,430 meters (2,657 yd, or 1.51 miles), accomplished by Master Corporal Rob Furlong, a sniper from Newfoundland, Canada, in March 2002 during the war in Afghanistan. Furlong made this record-breaking kill while he was participating in Operation Anaconda. He was a member of the 3rd Battalion Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry (PPCLI). To make the kill, he used a .50 caliber BMG (12.7 mm) McMillan TAC-50 bolt-action rifle.[9]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I bet that guys one good hunter. :big_smile:

8. Salthart

Salthart New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    quote (likely not exact but as best I recall it ) from the book about the life of Carlos. Marine Corps Sniper.

"I told you not to shoot ! You missed him ! I didn't miss, they just flop around like that when their head shot. "

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I wasn't gonna comment,But what the heck. Outstanding shooting,even though it WASN"T A TERRORIST.:wink: Nothing like vaporising a varmint at long range.:cool2: