Longbranch Macon

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fridaybocopw, Feb 7, 2009.

1. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Anybody out there do much fishin at longbranch?? Me and a bunch of guys from work are planin a trip up on memorial day weekend to do some catfiching, is it worth a darn??? Thanks

2. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Mike never been there. I'm sure there are some fish to be had! Keep us posted on how you do. A couple of us post for Thomas Hill, this will only help us in the future if we decide to fish different spots.

3. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i know there r big fish in there but i have never had much luck, but i know there r both blues and flatties there just have never been able to catch n e thing with much size. when i was younger i saw a couple old timers pull a 60 lb flattie out of there so i know there r some nice fish. really deep lake though and it has natural springs in it so the waters is much colder than most lakes around here. i would say a guy could do a lot better drifting it than just anchoring. but what do i know just putting in my 2 cents hope this will help u. u can camp right by the water there though, and the fishing on the spillway side of the dam can be pretty fun too....good luck and like joe said keep us posted

4. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks, I have been skiing there before but never fished it. If the fish don't bite I hop in the tube and enjoy the day that way. Last I was there it was never very busy, hopefully it is still that way. We don't need anymore lake of the ozarks.

5. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    yeah just make sure you watch your stuff at long branch the water patrol is thick there for some reason especially for such a small lake.

6. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So are memorial day trip isn't going to work out but the weekend after is going to work out for Mark Twain. Any tips there? We usually go to indian creek and camp.

7. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    indian creek has some very nice channels in it ive always had my best luck fishing off the dam

8. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i personally like fishing south fork the best but there r nice cats all over the lake...i would say your best bet is snake your way through the timber in the back of some of those coves and hunt for some monster flatties...especially if there has been a lot of rain around the time when u go....but i have caught fish all over that lake so im sure u will do pretty good no matter where u go.

9. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i personally like fishing south fork the best but there r nice cats all over the lake...i would say your best bet is snake your way through the timber in the back of some of those coves and hunt for some monster flatties...especially if there has been a lot of rain around the time when u go....but i have caught fish all over that lake so im sure u will do pretty good no matter where u go.