Long time, but here's a report

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by paleocaver, Oct 12, 2007.

1. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Haven't been on for a while. But today went out on Tenn. River near Florence. Damn bass tournament had idoits ruunning everywhere. Actually about fell out of my boat when the "Gain Washing Powder" boat passed us. Ugliest thing I ever saw.

Anyway, got a late start. About 10:00 am. Caught some creek chubs at ramp, then went out. Drifted a while, grandmother (aged 87) caught 2 channels on nightcrawlers. Anchored and My 7-year old caught a blue and a flathead on chubs. Then they cut the water off and with a north wind where we were got rough, we went home.

I got skucked, but don't care. Was a good day anyway. Had my grandmother, mom, and son with me. Can't beat that.

Scott

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Scott, Glad you're back and glad you had fun with your kin.
    Stick around awhile and fill us in on your good times!!

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good post, funny about the bass boat...:smile2: I love to catch fish, but I love to see my kids catch them more.....

good fishin
    mike

4. plukr54

plukr54 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Ya know I had a "problem" with bass fishermen once. We had set out a trotline, caught several the day before, then went to check it after the tournament and they had threw it on shore! Took me 2 days to untangle it!
    You would think there would be a little respect between fishermen! Not!

5. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Think the respect is one way most of the time....when I am out catfishin, some bass fisherman show you respect and give you some room and at least a wave. But most fly by at 60 mph and don't wave, just look at you like your in their way. :roll_eyes:

Ok..I'll shutup before I get all negative on our fishing comrades :wink:

6. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Honestly I think the deal was a cold front (a weak one) had moved through the night before and their bite was off. They were looking for anyone fishing and getting close just to see what they were doing in hopes of figuring out something. No real hard feelings. I know they'll soon be run off by the cool weather while I really start fishing.

7. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hi, I was just looking around wishing I was back in North Alabama. I was raised in Florence. You guys are in a fishermans paradise, don't take it for granted.

Thinking about the old days, I remembered something that happened when my daughter was small. I was driving around and missed my turn. I said, "No, problem I'll just turn down Wilson Dam Road. My daughter's eyes got big and she said, "What did you say?" I said "Wilson Dam Road". She sheepishly said,
    "Can I say that?" I said, "Yeah" Believing she had been given permission to cuss out loud she said " Wilson Dam Road....Daammm road....Wilson Daammn Road." Delighted with herself, she then asked, "What else can I say, Daddy?"
    :smile2:

8. sherlockian

sherlockian New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The bass boys are part of the reason I have started catfishing almost exclusively(still fish for gills for the pan and carp for fun). The guys/gals in my area look at anyone who does not fish for bass as crazy or below them. I guess if you spend your savings and mortgage your house, for a boat, truck, and tackle("How much did you pay for that rod" "I could have put tires on my truck for that"), you have to look down on those of us who just enjoy a lazy day on the bank. I've gotten to where I enjoy hauling my 4 rods, rod holders, chair, cooler, latern, tent, and ipod for a couple of miles, just for the chance to catch some catfish. If I don't, I still had fun and got to watch what GOD created for us.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    reps to you for your grandmother.up untill 3 years ago my mother was my best friend and fishing buddy.shes still my best buddy shr just dont have the strength to go any moree