The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to buy 4-6 rods and before I go buy new ones I will ask on here if anyone has some they want to let go. I use rippin lips med/heavy now but I want to up grade to aluminum reel seats. Let me know what you got

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Burning drag tackle. Everyone is out of rods right now but should have some shortly

·
Registered
Steve from Mississippi
1,069 Posts
I haven't heard of Reel Katnappers. WOW!! Another rod to ponder over. They look very similar to BCF rods but made of E-Glass.

·
Administrator
10,464 Posts
Jeremy, are you upgrading because you had a reel seat break or cause toy problems, or just think they are better?

I have used both and do prefer aluminum but I have not had any issues with graphite or banded.

tight lines

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeremy, are you upgrading because you had a reel seat break or cause toy problems, or just think they are better?

I have used both and do prefer aluminum but I have not had any issues with graphite or banded.

My rippin lip rods are fine. They are old and yes the plastic reel seats have gotten bad. Most of mine have tape and glue holding them now. I got my money’s worth that is for sure

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I haven't heard of Reel Katnappers. WOW!! Another rod to ponder over. They look very similar to BCF rods but made of E-Glass.

Hopefully they have some in soon. I went ahead and ordered 4 brand new Muddy river blue cat rods from Burning Drag tackle. I’m still going to order a few of the Katnapper rods when they get them in stock.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check out Shattered Cat rods as well.
I bought a shattered cat at the conference this year. It broke when I was setting the drag on a 6lb weight. Could've been a fluke. My only beef with them is not being able to talk with them. Wont answer their phone, unable to find a email address and their message box on their website won't let me submit. I was really looking forward to trying that rod out.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use Rippin Lips almost exclusively and fish a lot and have caught some big blues on them. Everyone has their preferences but I've never felt I'm under gunned with Rippin Lips.
Before these Muddy River rods I had only used rippin lips and my cheap white ugly stick catfish rods. I just wanted rods with an aluminum real seat and no finger guard.

·
Administrator
10,464 Posts
Rick has not posted since July. You might be better sending a PM. Just click on his avatar. good luck

Also add your First name to your profile page.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts