Long liners on moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by FLAT, Oct 2, 2009.

1. FLAT

FLAT New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Has anyone heard of commerical long liner catfisherman runing 10 mile long trotlines from the mouth of the cannal to the moultrie dam ? Someone told me this was going on everyday and they were taking thousands of pounds of catfish out of there everyday. They also said they do not have to go by the 36" blue rule. They said there boat is set-up like the swordfish longliners boats. They said the lines are 10 miles long,and the don't run them in a straight line.They said they seen them leave the mouth of the canal and head over toward the hatchery and then zig-zag back and forth toward the dam.They also said that they are not required to mark the lines with markers. Anyone confirm this. If this is going on I'm madddddd!!!

2. EJ Catfish

EJ Catfish New Member

State:
    n.c.
    We were there in april and saw a boat that looked like that didn,t see them puting out lines but had a big spool in boat

3. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    this is bullshit where or how did you get this info:crazy::crazy:

4. NCSBI185

NCSBI185 Member

State:
    NC
    We've fished Santee alot and never saw anything like that. I agree with Roundhill

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Even if there was something like that going on it wouldn't work. Do you know how many people drift that lake?? It would be cut about a 1000 times a day.:smile2: Up toward 95 bridge they have a lot of troutliners but they mark there lines so you know not to drift. You let me drift across a line that aint marked:angry:. I agree wit roundhill

6. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    I'm like Ron that is COMPLETE B.S. !! :crazy:
    For one even for commercial fisherman there is a 2000 total hook limit, and NO ONE in his right mind will run a line across the lake like that because of all the drifting we do, because it would get cut up AND REPORTED and DNR would be all over it. And last no commercial fisherman is going to risk his license over something like that.
    But that's just my thoughts. :0a10:

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Sounds to me like someone watched an episode of Swords on the Discovery Channel and decided to talk a little BS and get some attention.

8. line stretcher blues

line stretcher blues New Member

State:
    nc
    been fishing there for years, nevfer seen anything like that, i agree with the others, cut the unmarked ones

9. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I've never seen anything like that on Moultrie or any other freshwater lake. God help us if that is ever allowed.

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I dont think it could do any more damage than the bow fishermen. but I dont see how that could go undetected.

11. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    I guess if this is true the deadliest catch will be filming crab fishing there this winter!!! LOLOLOLOL:smile2: