Long Lake 7/13/08

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by cheezemm2, Jul 14, 2008.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sunday I went to Long from about 11am-8pm. With the water being stained there, the front just going through, and a decent amount of boats I thought it would be a "less than average" fishing day.

Trolled and drifted at various depths throughout the main section of the lake from the beach to the beginning of the cove of the tusc. and from the rockwall to the beginning of the same cove. Was picking up a few perch and pumpkinseeds, went back up towards the launch ramp while dragging crawlers with split shots, and picked up more pumpkinseeds.

Got bored with the little guys, so I kept a pumpkinseed and cut him up for cat bait...went into several canals that litter Long Lake...anything over 5ft. and there were fish.

Lots of little guys, with two of the largest fish being in the 3-4lb range (only one came on cut bait) the rest on a combination of green/regular crawlers on the same hook.

Wished I would've spent more time in the cat holes in the canals as opposed to drifting the main lake. Had one double in the yak with the channels, and found another hole where I picked up 4 cats in less than 10 mins. They're coming off the spawn, go get em!

Best day in terms of numbers this year:

Cats: 9
    Perch: 4
    Pumpkinseeds: infinity

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Very productive. Thanks for the report.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some real good fishing, congrats and thanks for posting.

4. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    Sounds like a good day out Jim. Were you at Long Lake down off of Rt. 3 heading into Loudenville? If im thinkin the same lake, my cousin used to lifeguard there. Ive fished it, pretty good for channels!