Long day at the river

Discussion in 'Channel Catfish' started by payton350, Mar 21, 2009.

1. payton350

payton350 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well went out today to the nishnabotna and I got a big zero as far as fish go. But I did discover more places to fish that I didn't know about because the water level was really really low so ou could see alot of cover that is usually submerged, not only that but I discovered that some of the snags I fished last year don't look nearly as impresive as last year and some others looked a little bigger. I still had a good time and seen some things that will help me when the water levels rise.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Yeah things are slow around here at the moment to,but it will pick up.Besides like you found out its a good time to get out and explore areas and good fishing spots that you may not see when the water is up or normal it can differently be an advantage for later on.sounds to me you had a good day cause now you know more about the waters you fish.

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sorry you did'nt get any fish Aaron. But glad you found some nice structure. Scouting your water is always a valuable and productive tool. Best of luck on your next outting...

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Wishing you luck on your future trips Aaron

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana

you got that rite bro., no better tool than knowledge!

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It seemed a productive trip. Learning the surrondings. It pays off in future trips to make mental notes of snags, and cover. You got out of the house. Raining and windy were I'm at:sad2:

7. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Glad to see you got out . :smile2: I've been stuck doing work around the house. Good luck on your future fishing trips.

8. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I also went out today and scored a big fat zero, but also learned alot about the areas I have been fishing. The high water earlier this year changed up the geography of my favorite hole completely. I will just have to enjoy learning the new layout now.