long beards

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by peglegreb, Mar 21, 2008.

1. peglegreb

peglegreb New Member

State:
    s.c.
    Im ready for it to happen. caint wait had 5 come to me on the river yesterday.

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    Come on now y'all are kill'n me with these turkey threads !!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:
    welcome too the BOC peglegreb.........

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the BOC

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    David,welcome to the BOC. You cant believe the slobberin goin on around here ,an here you go an start us up again:big_smile:

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    David, Welcome to the BOC! Hope you get a BIG turkey!:wink:

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    It's almost time fellers. I'm off today and headin to the woods shortly to do a lil scouting and hunt some mushrooms.

7. duckaholic

duckaholic New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I need to get in Butler's lake before you do in the morning :wink:
    I saw four strutters and fifteen jake in the big field yesterday after noon!!!!!:big_smile:

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Men and turkeys? How is it that after i became classified as an "Adult", I quit anticipating Xmas and all the other things i once looked forward to. The thrill of turkey hunting has never dimmed since the first gobble i heard. Anyone know if there are any support groups or classes for a man of my kind.:eek:oooh: Good luck guys, if sleep deprivation don't kill me, i'll get my chance in another week. Also the wife informed me that i can no longer roost on the headboard and gobble before i fly down.:confused2: She is hunting with me this year and hopefully she'll get biten by it the same as me. I would enjoy wakin up to her fly down cackle and a few seductive yelps.

9. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    today was opening day here and I thought I was in for a long day because I started it all off running late but ended up turning out to be the best yet for me. walked right up on some birds in the middle of a field that had one tom and he had 5 hens with him. the hens were all over picking away at the field and the tom was in full strut for the 45 mins that I had him in vision, but he would not leave the middle of the field. all he was doing was turnning in circles keeping an eye on all of his hens. I ended up with a hen 7 foot from me and it took her about 5 mins to realize something wasnt right, but she never could figure it out so she cheeped a few times and moved back towrd the middle of the field. well me in a panic thinking she was going to get my tom spooked I made a 40 to 45 yard shot and that tom droped right there. Well I gave it about 5 mins to see if any others were around befor I claimed my bird. only to see up close that this bird was much bigger that I realy thought it was. well after I got home me and my o-man and one of his friends put it on my deer scale only to confirm that it was a few lbs bigger that any bird I've ever gotten before and with a big suprise to find that it was 28lbs. MAN WHAT A DAY!!!! I dont think I can top that for bird of that size here are far and few. although I have one more tag and untill 5/4/08 to get another. I'll see what may come

Attached Files:

10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats a stroker Leroy, congrats and thanks for the pic and post. A week from Monday and i can carry a gun.:cool2:

11. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    LOL, you THINK you would enjoy being woken up that way you nut! I can deal with the gobblin, it's the flying down that gets to me! I really can't wait to go with you, that's the one kind of hunting I never did go with you...I never wanted to hunt anything that could hear me when I left the house, but I'll give it a try and if nothing else just stroke your male ego when you get that bird cuz hunter that you are I KNOW YOU WILL....good luck to all, and if you haven't figured it out by now...This is John's (Country's) wife Cher...:smile2:

12. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Reps to ya Darlin. Everybody this is my wife Cher. I didn't even know ya had joined. Best watch all my flirtin wiff da ladies now. It's a neat site Cherie, if ya couldn't tell already.

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A

Now there ya go telling on yaself! Nothing wrong with reading the menu, as long as you stay on that diet, LMAO, but just remember you the one that said that!
    Nawww I don't want people getting the wrong idea. I am very useful for computer questions, if anyone cares to pm about something. I am a biologist, teach BIO CHEM and ECOLOGY and about 3 more subjects in a small school. I am self taught computer but would be glad to lend my knowledge to anyone that needs it if I 'm capable of it. Nice to meet every one and I have to get a signature on here now....guess you have to post a while to do that huh?:crazy:

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Duhhhh, i think 10 post is required but i'm not certain.

15. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    when dad caught a turkey it had a 12 inch beird

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good job,Leroy. Thats a nice lookin bird. Cher,Welcome to the BOC/SOC I think youll feel right at home.Good luck yall. Tuesday is the opener here ,But I may not be able to get out till next Sat.

17. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Thank you so much :wink: Hope to see ya around! and hope I don't embarrass myself in here

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If your embarressed hun, it will prolly be from my doings, not yours. Enjoy yaself, good people heah.