Lonestar Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman73, Jun 14, 2007.

1. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Does anyone have any luck at Lonestar? I have been out there a few times with my boy and not had the greatest luck. Over this past weekend the wife and I had a weekend to ourselves and I actually talked her into going out with me. I must say that it is the first time in the 14 years that we have been together that she has actually shown an interest in going. But that was quickly ended. We went out to Lonestar and fished for about an hour or so with worms and Livers. Didnt get any bites at all. She has the patience of your average 2 year old so needless to say we didnt stay. Kind of disappointed me in a way as I was hoping that she might catch something and get to liking the idea of going. But oh well guess I will have my quiet time to myself still as it will probably be a while before she goes again. All she kept saying is "This is supposed to be fun???" Oh well!!

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

large bluegills in the mouths of the coves at night. lots of big channels i have taken that way matter of fact i will be out there this weekend for my b-day party

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Happy B-day Tom! I'll drink a cold one for you...

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

hey thanks buddy.i have had a real good b-day to boot

5. THRowSOmeStink

THRowSOmeStink New Member

State:
    sedgwick, kansas
    Have a great b-day Tom. Dont do anything i wouldnt do. Hope you all catchs some nice fish

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Tom , are you still out there?

7. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

heck for that matter dont do anything i would do lol

8. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

yeah i am still out there lol just working way to much overtime

9. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Tom, next time your on the BOC , and Im on here , shoot me a pm. Im still waiting to hit the river with you.

10. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    My borther and I went to Lonestar last night and had a pretty good night for a change. We caught 4 that averaged 4lbs each and then he got the winner with one that was about 17lbs. Used cut perch. Had a great time. Finally.

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    :0a23: Hey darrin sounds like you guys had a good time. Hey look for dad and mike on here now. Mike is ( ledfoot) dad goes buy his name kinda . So what kinda bait did you use? fishing from a boat or the bank? did dad tell ya I fished in the waverly KINGKAT TOUR. on the 28th, we placed 12th or 14th I think and qualified for the classic . Give ya yell tomorrow .

12. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Yeah I saw both of them on here now too. We were using cut perch. I have a nice place here in town that I take my boy to to fish and we always catch a bunch of perch. I have been taking them home and freezing them to use when I go to the lakes. My brother is stationed at Fort riley so I go out there from time to time to Milford. Your dad told me that youhad fished that tournament and did pretty good. Thats cool, we had considered fishing the one that is at Milford the first part of September but we dont really have a boat. My bro has one but one person has to bail water while the other fishes. So needless to say its not the best, so we just bankfish. I will be checking on here tommorow during the day, since I work all night. We will have to get together sometime.

13. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

did my advice help ya any?sounds like fun wish i would have been there

14. catman73

catman73 New Member

State:
    Lawrence Kansas
    Yeah Tom we fished from that point that is straight across when you first come in the gate. Just down from the swimming area. My bro caught the big one and it was actually the first fish that we caught there. Then it was hit and miss from there but enough hit to keep us interested. He hooked into an even bigger one but wasnt able to get it in. I know the one that got away story. LOL. That opening to the cove was where the most action seemed to be at and they were hitting on cut perch and not whole ones for some reason.

15. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

well at least i could give an idea then...lol sounds like you got it figured out though there are some good one in there we will have to kill some beer down there some weekend its been awhile since i have been out there

16. oakland river rat

oakland river rat New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kansas
    Are there still a lot of pesky little bullheads in the Lonestar?

17. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have never been to Lonestar what is the boat traffic like? I only have my small boat running right now and hate getting tossed around from all the ski boats and jet ski like some lakes around the area.

18. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i have caught a few out here but not many.

19. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Dan, I think you can only ski on the lake on Wednesdays and that's only in the middle of the lake. No jetski's and I think it's a no wake everywhere but a bouyed off area in the middle.

I've been bass fishing Leavenworth County State lake lately and it is also small boat friendly.

20. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Charlie, thanks for the info, Things will be so much nicer when I get the other boat done. I think that I'm going to have to give Lonestar a try once the heat comes down some.