logjams

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by outdoors1988, Aug 3, 2009.

1. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    When fishing log jams do you use a clicker or keep rod in hand or close by to set the hook when he first bites or how do you do it?

2. shortbus

shortbus New Member

State:
    indiana
    I lock the reels down and put them in a holder. I almost always have a rod in my hand moving bait around the current side of the jam. I don't like using a clicker because they will either pull you right into the logs or not run at all. It works best for me to just watch the rods in the holder or hold on to the rod.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I lock em down an get ready. Usually using a nice bobber an keep an eye on it.

4. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was just about to ask if anyone uses bobbers. Thanks for all your help

5. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I lock the reels down and put them in a holder

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Locked and in my hands if they,ve been biting good.In a holder very close to me if they haven,t.

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Josh
    Go straight across from Whitehorn to the mouth of Spring Creek. Get in the standing snags, the flats should be moving in there by now. I saw a lot of fish on the locator there last Friday, but we didn't fish it. Had my grandson with me and he wanted to go to another spot, it was his trip so we moved.

8. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    In the holder locked down with a sharp Circle hook embedded gracefully in the underside of a big sunnie! LOL Good luck getting the big one Josh!

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Lock it down and have a good set up to stop em in there tracks. I use a Kat Bobber so the moment you see it go under you can stick em and keep em from hanging ya up. Good luck.

10. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i just let my line straight down, let it hit the bottom and them reel it up a couple times and lock it down in a rod holder and pay attention. usually u will just see your rod load up and the fight is on.:wink:

11. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I lock the mine down and put them into a holder as well, with a nice big circle hook.

12. lookin_4_moby

lookin_4_moby New Member

State:
    Guthrie, OK
    when fishing the jams I won't use my clicker unless I'm fishing the backside slack water at night time to where I'm not in the jam sorta speak. I don't like the idea of him hittin my bait and runnin for home and bein able to take as much line as he wants to. in the slack water he'll have a little ways to run before he gets home so it's plenty of time for me to engage the reel

13. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas

That is my strategy too.