Logging Out

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gordhawk, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Is there something that I'm missing or is the home page the only place that we can log out now?

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It does appear that way to me at the present. I was wondering about that myself.:crazy:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

It beats me...I've just been closing out the window to log out.:smile2:

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The only place that I have found to get logged out is at the very bottom of the home page along the right side of the page.

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    If I close out the window, It doesn't log me out.
    I was wondering if there is going to be a place to show when we got new reps also. right now the only way to now is if you go to the user cp and just look. :wink:

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Man, I never log out!!! that way when I click on the BOC Icon on my desktop, Whaallla!!! Here I am, LOL!!! No need to log out at all!!!

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Maybe that's why my post and rep. totals aren't very high,I don't spend as much time on here as some of you others do.:eek:oooh: I just like to log out when I'm not active.:wink:

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am not on here all the time either. It is just easier for me to just make one click and I am automaticly here is all. You can log in and out if you wish but, it is not neccesary. I don't have to type in my username and password everytime I enter here.
    Logging out only keeps others from getting on Your Computer and getting in here with your username!!!

9. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I never log out here or any site unless it's a financial site.
    One should always log out of financial sites due to security.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Maybe you view this site as well..........."just another site"! I view it as a place to cut-up with friends and family in the comfort of my home. The BOC is much more than just a web site, it is a place to commune with other like minded people on an even playing field.
    Post count.....well....
    I have a few because I like to tease and pick (have fun) and occasionally say something intellagent. There are only so many times you can tell the same story or give the same advice without it getting "shall we say" humdrum!!! That is why I post the way I do as do many others on here. If I feel like I need to post something about a subject that needs some input, I will jump on it like a buzzard on a week old dead possum in july, LOL!!! Generally, most of them are allready covered so that leaves me out here to talk with friends on a different sort of level.

Rep Points....well.... I give as well as get!!!!!

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks for the idea JW. I have it on my desk top now.:wink::big_smile:

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like that too, John...but i have supported this site for awhile, and i don't like being held hostage:confused2:

it should be easy to navigate certain features, and when i can't i feel like i am trying to be controlled by my favorite site.......i have several people that i allow to use my pc...i don't want to have someone sit in my chair, click on my favorites, find the BOC, and have some fun at my expense. that isn't unreasonable, now is it?:big_smile:

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky

I am still trying to figure out what you are trying to say here Phil!!!
    CONTROLLED??? It is all in how you precieve it Phil!!! I see what you are talking about as, something that was overlooked when they re-did the site. There are a few things that have yet to return and I ain't whining about it:crazy:, LOL!!
    So just enjoy what we have and Be Nice for a change, LMAO!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:
    Cheese costs extra Phil, LOL!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

In this case, yes... by all means log out Phil. I don't let anyone play on my PC unless I am setting here with them.

14. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well,to a certain extent you are right,I do view this as just another website,but that's the way I view every website on the WWW. Do I enjoy this website,you bet I do or I wouldn't visit it daily. Am I obsessed with it,no I'm not,not to the extent of being on it 24-7 like some on here seem to be. As I said before,that's why my posts and reps totals are not what some other peoples are. When I have something that I think is worth starting a thread about or I have an opinion about what someone else has already started then I contribute to that thread by posting my opinion. I do have a life beyond the INTERNET,and sometimes I just don't feel like being on line. I didn't start this thread to cause any hard feelings or step on anyone's toes,I simply asked a simple question about logging off. I don't start threads just to stir the pot. So,if I have offended you,John,I apologize,because that was not my intent when I started this very innocent thread. I do have 2 Grandchildren,ages 7 & 8, that I do allow to use this computer so that is the reason that I have gotten in the habit of logging off when I leave a website. I hope maybe this will clear the air a little about why I was wondering about getting logged out.

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You have not offended me in any way buddy!!!I was just trying to help you with a problem, not stirring the pot. Some folks don't understand computers and the way things work, sorry if you thought I was upset.

16. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Excuse me John,but are you saying that I don't understand computers and the way things work? If you are I resent that!

17. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    how do you get the icon on your desktop? thanks

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    When you open the main page of the forum, there is a gray bar that says "Catfish1.com" in it. Right click on that bar and click on "Create Shortcut", this will put it to your desktop.

19. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    If you delete cookies and temp Internet files it should ask for username and pass next time you open page then just dont check box to remember pass and youll automatically log out when you close the page.

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Myself, I think it's more convenient to have it on my browser tool bar. I add a BOC Icon to my Firefox tool bar. Then all I do to open BOC is click on the BOC button. I have BOC set to open to the User CP page.
    I have space on the tool bar for 17 of my favorite links.

About logging out.
    .. I was only thinking of how I use my computer. Since I'm the only user there is never any need to log out of any site unless it's a financial site.

That doesn't mean I keep BOC open all the time, for I always close the link when I'm through reading/posting.