Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man, I never log out!!! that way when I click on the BOC Icon on my desktop, Whaallla!!! Here I am, LOL!!! No need to log out at all!!!
Maybe that's why my post and rep. totals aren't very high,I don't spend as much time on here as some of you others do.:eek:oooh: I just like to log out when I'm not active.:wink:

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Maybe that's why my post and rep. totals aren't very high,I don't spend as much time on here as some of you others do.:eek:oooh: I just like to log out when I'm not active.:wink:
I am not on here all the time either. It is just easier for me to just make one click and I am automaticly here is all. You can log in and out if you wish but, it is not neccesary. I don't have to type in my username and password everytime I enter here.
Logging out only keeps others from getting on Your Computer and getting in here with your username!!!

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Maybe you view this site as well..........."just another site"! I view it as a place to cut-up with friends and family in the comfort of my home. The BOC is much more than just a web site, it is a place to commune with other like minded people on an even playing field.
Post count.....well....
I have a few because I like to tease and pick (have fun) and occasionally say something intellagent. There are only so many times you can tell the same story or give the same advice without it getting "shall we say" humdrum!!! That is why I post the way I do as do many others on here. If I feel like I need to post something about a subject that needs some input, I will jump on it like a buzzard on a week old dead possum in july, LOL!!! Generally, most of them are allready covered so that leaves me out here to talk with friends on a different sort of level.

Rep Points....well.... I give as well as get!!!!!

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Man, I never log out!!! that way when I click on the BOC Icon on my desktop, Whaallla!!! Here I am, LOL!!! No need to log out at all!!!
i like that too, John...but i have supported this site for awhile, and i don't like being held hostage:confused2:

it should be easy to navigate certain features, and when i can't i feel like i am trying to be controlled by my favorite site.......i have several people that i allow to use my pc...i don't want to have someone sit in my chair, click on my favorites, find the BOC, and have some fun at my expense. that isn't unreasonable, now is it?:big_smile:

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
i like that too, John...but i have supported this site for awhile, and i don't like being held hostage:confused2:

it should be easy to navigate certain features, and when i can't i feel like i am trying to be controlled by my favorite site
I am still trying to figure out what you are trying to say here Phil!!!
CONTROLLED??? It is all in how you precieve it Phil!!! I see what you are talking about as, something that was overlooked when they re-did the site. There are a few things that have yet to return and I ain't whining about it:crazy:, LOL!!
So just enjoy what we have and Be Nice for a change, LMAO!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:
Cheese costs extra Phil, LOL!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

.......i have several people that i allow to use my pc...i don't want to have someone sit in my chair, click on my favorites, find the BOC, and have some fun at my expense. that isn't unreasonable, now is it?:big_smile:
In this case, yes... by all means log out Phil. I don't let anyone play on my PC unless I am setting here with them.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe you view this site as well..........."just another site"! I view it as a place to cut-up with friends and family in the comfort of my home. The BOC is much more than just a web site, it is a place to commune with other like minded people on an even playing field.
Post count.....well....
I have a few because I like to tease and pick (have fun) and occasionally say something intellagent. There are only so many times you can tell the same story or give the same advice without it getting "shall we say" humdrum!!! That is why I post the way I do as do many others on here. If I feel like I need to post something about a subject that needs some input, I will jump on it like a buzzard on a week old dead possum in july, LOL!!! Generally, most of them are allready covered so that leaves me out here to talk with friends on a different sort of level.

Rep Points....well.... I give as well as get!!!!!
Well,to a certain extent you are right,I do view this as just another website,but that's the way I view every website on the WWW. Do I enjoy this website,you bet I do or I wouldn't visit it daily. Am I obsessed with it,no I'm not,not to the extent of being on it 24-7 like some on here seem to be. As I said before,that's why my posts and reps totals are not what some other peoples are. When I have something that I think is worth starting a thread about or I have an opinion about what someone else has already started then I contribute to that thread by posting my opinion. I do have a life beyond the INTERNET,and sometimes I just don't feel like being on line. I didn't start this thread to cause any hard feelings or step on anyone's toes,I simply asked a simple question about logging off. I don't start threads just to stir the pot. So,if I have offended you,John,I apologize,because that was not my intent when I started this very innocent thread. I do have 2 Grandchildren,ages 7 & 8, that I do allow to use this computer so that is the reason that I have gotten in the habit of logging off when I leave a website. I hope maybe this will clear the air a little about why I was wondering about getting logged out.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Well,to a certain extent you are right,I do view this as just another website,but that's the way I view every website on the WWW. Do I enjoy this website,you bet I do or I wouldn't visit it daily. Am I obsessed with it,no I'm not,not to the extent of being on it 24-7 like some on here seem to be. As I said before,that's why my posts and reps totals are not what some other peoples are. When I have something that I think is worth starting a thread about or I have an opinion about what someone else has already started then I contribute to that thread by posting my opinion. I do have a life beyond the INTERNET,and sometimes I just don't feel like being on line. I didn't start this thread to cause any hard feelings or step on anyone's toes,I simply asked a simple question about logging off. I don't start threads just to stir the pot. So,if I have offended you,John,I apologize,because that was not my intent when I started this very innocent thread. I do have 2 Grandchildren,ages 7 & 8, that I do allow to use this computer so that is the reason that I have gotten in the habit of logging off when I leave a website. I hope maybe this will clear the air a little about why I was wondering about getting logged out.
You have not offended me in any way buddy!!!I was just trying to help you with a problem, not stirring the pot. Some folks don't understand computers and the way things work, sorry if you thought I was upset.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You have not offended me in any way buddy!!!I was just trying to help you with a problem, not stirring the pot. Some folks don't understand computers and the way things work, sorry if you thought I was upset.
Excuse me John,but are you saying that I don't understand computers and the way things work? If you are I resent that!

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
how do you get the icon on your desktop? thanks
Myself, I think it's more convenient to have it on my browser tool bar. I add a BOC Icon to my Firefox tool bar. Then all I do to open BOC is click on the BOC button. I have BOC set to open to the User CP page.
I have space on the tool bar for 17 of my favorite links.

About logging out.
.. I was only thinking of how I use my computer. Since I'm the only user there is never any need to log out of any site unless it's a financial site.

That doesn't mean I keep BOC open all the time, for I always close the link when I'm through reading/posting.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.