Logano ready?

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by brinley45cal, Mar 30, 2009.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    what do think is logano ready to be in cup yet? I dont think so,hes a great kid and a good driver but i think he was brought up to soon.I think it can do more harm then good to bring up one of these kids to early,look at casey atwood everyone thought the same thing about him as they do logano and he flopped,i think it was because he wasnt able to be seasoned well enough in the nationwide series first.Any thoughts?

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think in years past he'd be alright, he's talented but this no testing crap is hurting him....

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Gibbs didnt want to move him up till next year, but when Tony went solo, he didnt have much choice. He will be okay.Next year he will fit right in.
    smokey

4. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    mike81 you make a good point that i havent thought of.That very well could be the reason,i know its hurting them badly.

5. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    This must just be accepted as an experience year for Joey Logono. He has to see what these tracks are before he goes sticking his neck out too far and the other drivers also need to grow their trust in him on the track and learn how he's going to react to everyhting out there. I don't think the team owner would have put him in the car without expecting these things. If he should sneak in a win, good for him. It wouldn't be much different than Kacy Kane and look how lousy that boy has been doing lately. Every body has a replacement coming along somewhere in this life. Who's to say when OURS will come along ?

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    when jeff gordon came along early he was a little outmatched. it all depends how he handles it. if he improves every week he will be ok. if he let's the pushing and shoving get to him he will not be as great as he was projected to be. it is hard to be as good as a jeff gordon or a kyle busch early. in the cup series there are about 15 cars capable of winning every week. where he came from there were maybe 5. in cup those 15 need to win at all costs for sponsors. and they are the best drivers around.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I believe its not the age factor but more so attitude. Logano has the same talent that Kyle Busch has. However, Kyle came into the series with a "I dont care about the rest of the field attitude", and Logano is coming in to earn everyone's respect first. There was a time when rookies came in and won races their 1st full season like Stewart,Johnson and Newman did. Doesnt seem the case last few years for the rookies. I dont think Logano will win this year but still belongs in the premier series of Nascar.