Logan Martin Fisherman where are ya??

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by lwarren, May 6, 2009.

1. lwarren

lwarren New Member

State:
    alabama
    I have been fishing Logan the last few weekends and have not caught anything over ten pounds. Is there anyobdy besides me even fishing the lake for big cats. I just cant find anything even on my new depth finder. Wonder where the big cats are this time of year.

2. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've been catching a few good sized cats (15-40 pounds) on Lay Lake in about 30 foot of water using whole shad 3-6" in size. Most action when Logan Martin Dam is pulling water.

I have not fished for catfish on Logan Martin so I cant help there, but If I were gonna try LM, I'd likely go to the north end and fish the main channel.

Good luck.

ETA: Forgot to mention I've been catching all of them at night.

3. fredpike

fredpike New Member

State:
    Fishersville Virginia
    hey

4. Cemccall

Cemccall New Member

State:
    alabama
    Been jug fishing around Choccolocco creek using live shad and garlic marinated shrimp. Have caught 4 fish over 20 and a bunch of 2-8 lbs blues.
    Also been catching a lot of channel cats in the 1-3 lb range.
    All the big blues came on live shad 3'' - 5'' long.

5. lwarren

lwarren New Member

State:
    alabama
    Thanks for the info, I am going to actually get to fish this whole weekend and got Monday off so maybe I will post a few pics tuesday

6. Coosa_Cat_Man

Coosa_Cat_Man New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeh I slow down on catfishing during summer and start focusing on bass. It seems to be a midnight to 6am bite during the summer time in 5-12 foot of water or in the main channel. I haven't catfished since about late Feb. The last good cat I caught was late Jan. almost 49 lbs. Blue. Personally I perfer Nov - early Feb for catting.
    David