Logan Martin Dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by jim6077, Apr 16, 2007.

1. jim6077

jim6077 New Member

State:
    alabama
    Anyone fishing this area ??

2. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have not been this year. I usually only catch small cats there. I will be chasing the stripe there in the next month or so. I have a spot about 20 miles below the dam that is really producing some nice blue cats in the 10-25 pound range. Had one get off a few weeks ago that would definately go 40 plus.

Have you been yet?

I went to Guntersville dam last tuesday and struck out. I didnt catch the first cat. I did catch probably 20 drum about 10-20 pounds each. It was another cold day. I'm guessing the action will get better when it heats up.

3. jim6077

jim6077 New Member

State:
    alabama
    Yes I went this past Sunday and the stripe are just starting to run ... They are catching them on top water now ... I have not caught any big cat's at Logan Martin 10-18 lb. but man I have seen them snatch into some monsters .. Where have you had the best Big cat luck I like the big blues but only because I have never fished for the Flat's...

4. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Its hit or miss at Guntersville, but lately I have had the best luck at Lay Lake. I'm headed back next week to go after the big one.
    One negative about Lay is its hard to fish on weekends due to the excessive boat traffic from the ba$$ fishermen...unless you want to fish at night.