logan hubble park

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishfever, Oct 8, 2009.

1. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    Just wondering if many people have fished there with success. Its a great lookin body of water, but I never see many people fish it. I caught a couple of 8 pounders there, and a few smaller cats, but the last few times have netted me nothing. a guy told me that it isnt stocked well.
    Does anyone else fish there? thanks

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have a buddy that USED to fish it some and caught a 5lb Bass outta there . As close as it is to Cedar I imagine most people are going to Cedar instead . Just guessing .

3. kyhunter

kyhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have fished it alot.I have caught some nice bass and catfish in it.Most of the cats i have caught down by the gravel turn around past the launch ramp.Caught 1 cat over by the road leading up to party area but mostly have no luck there.I would like to run a trot line across in the shallow end but dont know if it would be legal there.If you take the right side of the "Y" before the entrance it will take you down the hill to dix river.I have caught cats in there when the water was up but the current is so swift it is hard to fish it.Another good lake in stanford is city lake.There are some nice ones in there also.

4. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    true true, just thought I'd try it to change things up. cedar hasnt been to good to me for awhile.

5. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    Ive not been to the city lake. Might have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up( : Ive found that the cats usually bite if they do, when it almost gets dark. And of course then they close the gates and you have to be outa there.....

6. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    btw, could you tell me where the city lake is? Is it the one on top of hallsgap hill?

7. kyhunter

kyhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The one on halls gap or waterworks road is stanford resevour.Ive not fished that one alot.City lake is back in behind the KFC on hwy 27.Turn there and go back to the first curve and park.Look to your right there is a field and a walking trail through that fence.Short walk down the trail and you will see it.Its a pretty good size lake and it dont close at night.There is a ramp somewhere on the lake but ive not had my boat there yet.Another great place for catfishing is rankins bottom on lancaster road out of danville.Fished it since i was a kid and caught many large cats there.You can also cross the bridge and fish up under it.Havnt been there in years but still see cars there alot.Hanging fork is another spot to try but ive not caught cats there.I would say they are there.Fished chenault bridge alot when i was a kid and had real good luck there with cats.Caught 2 35pounders there one night.

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Toby, go south on 27 and 698 is what you are looking for it is actually south of Stanford proper when you get on 698 right before you start up a big hill there is a( water pump station ) Turn right up a gravel road and wala ! Never fished it myself and they do stock it with trout in the spring .

9. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Steve is that the old watershed lake in your avitar ?

10. kyhunter

kyhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No lance it is a farm pond on top of 1108 in mitchelsburg.Just before you get to forkland.One of my favorite places to fish in the spring.I caught a 7 lb bass out of it.

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Are you from Stanford ? Igot a few friends down that way...

12. kyhunter

kyhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I am in moreland.Just outside stanford.

13. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    You know the Vanhooks or Jones from down there ?

14. kyhunter

kyhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I know some vanhooks that ride motorcycles.Not sure about the jonses.

15. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    thanks alot fellas, next warm day, I may give one of those places a try.
    Do you guys know anything about chumley lake in junction city? Ive been twice, but am unsure if youre supposed to be a member to fish there?:confused2:

16. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Wrong ones my buddy Willie lives on 27 going up the steep hill I am thinking that is Hall's Gap ?.

17. kyhunter

kyhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Toby i have fished chumbley quite a lot.I am a member of the boyle county fish and game club.No you dont have to be a member to fish there only to use the gun and bow range and picnic area.You cant drive through the gate to the little dock but i always hop the wire fence and walk to it.I have caught alot of bass in that pond especially on the shallow end with the dock and if you walk to the far side there are some shallow cuts in the bank that hold alot of fish.Bad thing is the snakes in the summer.That pond is covered in them.You can even put a small boat in there but no motors are allowed.Theres no ramp but if you can carry it you can launch it.The people that oversee the place live in the house above it if you ever have any questions about the place.

18. kyhunter

kyhunter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Guys another good place to fish around here is the old fishing camp on clifton road.This is on hwy 52 (lancaster road) between danville and lancaster you turn on clifton road and go to the end.You will run into a fishing camp (herrington lake) that has been there for years.It used to be owned by an old black man.The camp dont operate anymore but you can fish there.The old guy used to charge a couple dollars when he is there.Most times hes gone and you never see anyone.This is a great place to fish.The land is level and looks like fishing in the river.You will be fishing under a couple huge gas pipelines.I have caught alot of catfish here.Good place for the white bass run in the spring.#0 yrs ago i used to catch perch there but i dont know if herrington lake has perch in it now.

19. fishfever

fishfever New Member

State:
    ky
    Hey steve, what bait do you normally use at the spot on herrington?
    Ive been there a few time with no luck, cept my dad did hang into a big gar once. That sucker was BIG.... Made it over to the city lake in stanford, but the water was so clear, nothin would bite. My friend told me later that the place had alot of snakes in the summertime.
    Btw, when you said turn right by kfc, were you meaning the water plant?
    Thats how I got there