Logan area help

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by JoshB, Jun 21, 2006.

1. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    anybody got any tips for lake logan or the Hocking river around Logan? I've caught some nice fish out of both, I know there in there. I just can't seem to get on them consitantly. any ideas?

Josh

2. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nobody fishes Hocking county?

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Josh Ive been down there but not to fish I was renting a cabin for my aniversery so fishing was the last thing on my mind :lol:

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shallow end of Logan for channel cats in the spring, and I mean shallow 1feet of water.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I bet the shallows are LOADED right now......... LOADED w/ MOSS & WEEDS. Boy you gotta hit those EARLY spring. But if you do you will get some nice Channels, eve some Flatheads are caught there.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here are a couple pics, of channels from the shallows. Take a look at the background & you will easily see where we were fishing.

7. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    nice fish. end of the second pier by the b&b, bout a mile from my house. I shoot ALOT of carp back there. but It's full of moss now. my carp arrow get 5 pounds of salad on it if i miss, don't figure i want to throw a treble hook in there anytime soon. :roll_eyes:

8. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    After you go past the beach towards Downs there's a peninsula. Fish off the end for flats. Also know a guy that fishes for em there.He'll go in the day before and throw some dead groundhogs in. Not sure if thats legal or not but he says he does real well on big flats the next day.

9. JoshB

JoshB New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the one with the wood railing?

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    must be thats the only one I know of. I've heard of people fishing for them there but never seen one caught there.