log jamb at I-20 and lafource bayou

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Swampfox., Jul 16, 2009.

1. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    well we finally got down to the log jamb that is in my albums. i took the photo in the album two months ago, the water was high then. not so now, you can see in the picture the water line up the bank, its dropped about 18ft the past three weeks without rain, yet as i am making this post, we are getting a heavy downpour, so things will look different the next day or so. as we were fishing this thing, it started to move and break apart. you should have seen all the fish action when this happened, catfish in groups, gar gourging, and small bait fish skattering about. i got three or four real good runs but couldnt get to my poles in time, casey had me chasen him so much. Bailey did manage to hook a channel on some danny kings in cheese clothe balls. {my dads idea} was the only hook up the two hours we were there. im going back atleast on son shy next time. cant watch my pole and a curious four year old. dont know if u can tell in the pic but there is a pretty good current, last thing i need .is my little blondie floatin on down the bayou. anywho heres the pics.

Attached Files:

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    some more pics

Attached Files:

3. catdaddy64

catdaddy64 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    How's this?

Attached Files:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Fine lookin boys Matt. I bet a man could find him a cottonmouth in that drift. Or a big flathead.:wink:

5. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

State:
    Near Monroe LA
    Matt i got started catfishing the same water just north of where you were up on US 80