Locks And Dams

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by usmc0208, Sep 28, 2006.

1. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I was wandering how the catfishing was by any of the locks and dams on the cape fear river. I know its usually good back in PA. I'm trying to learn the good spots for shore fishing down here in NC. I appreciatethe help.

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    the fish here in kentucky is usually good nearer to the dams due to bait fish gather there , theres more oxygen in the water and the bigger fish will feed on all the bait in those areas . im not aquainted with nc but id say it would be a good spot to try . good luck

3. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    I have been to lock 2 on the cape fear and thought it would be a great spot because of the deep fast moving water, but everytime I would go there I learned that the river there was just shocked and the fishing was terrible. My biggest fish there was 21lbs or so. I know Joe always seems to catch big fish there but he also lives 3/4 mile from the dam and can go there a lot more than me. I'm sure there are times when you can catch fish one after the other all night, but they haven't been when I went. I heard that the ramp there is closed so it is better fishing. Good luck if you go.

4. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    jason ramp is open but hunting season is in so those shocking boys are in the woods. yes the cats are biteing some and if need help just im me i be more than happy to help you ok.