Locked and loaded

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro

Attached Files:

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Looks like some spider bug type boat with all them rods, LOL....Lookin good ; )

-Jim-

3. yellowcat

yellowcat New Member

State:
    Hot springs, NC
    wow! I bet you don't leave it unattended. I get nervous just leaving the boat to go in and pay for gas. I would hate to loose the gear, you could say I have sentimental attachment. Looks like you are definately ready to go.

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks JJ. If I don't find a bigger boat this year, I will add 4 more rod holders to max this one out! I am looking for a 20 to 24 foot, wider flat bottom boat. I want enough room to sleep comfortably, and to have a huge live well to keep big fish. My J-16 fishes comfortably for two people, but the 55 quart bait tank takes up a lot of usable space. I'll probably get my best deal this winter when prices drop some.

<wow! I bet you don't leave it unattended. I get nervous just leaving the boat to go in and pay for gas. I would hate to loose the gear, you could say I have sentimental attachment. Looks like you are definately ready to go.>

Yeah, I keep a CLOSE eye on it. :)

Bill in SC

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Now who did you say manufactors the Catfish Spider boat??:smile2: Looks like you are set up for some serious fishing!!

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Looks like you are set up for some serious fishing!!>

Lets just say that with the cost of each fishing trip, I like to maximize my chances. :smile2:

Bill in SC

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Makes sense to me. I like to put out 6-8 rods myself! That is about all I can handle when by myself or with my wife. When fishing with my brother (and when law allows) We have had up to 13 rods out!!

8. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Kenner used to make an 18 foot skiff that I bet would be perfect for what you want. I have seen several of the crabbers/watermen from the McClellanville area work out of them. Problem is they quit making them.

Privateer makes some nice solid beamy skiffs, too:
    http://www.privateerboats.com/skimmers.htm

9. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'd love to have a Privateer, but I am on a close budget. It will probably take me six months of searching to find a STEAL, but I'll find one. The hunt is half the fun! :smile2: I just missed this by a day.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/boa/805503353.html

Bill in SC

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man that was a good deal Bill. I will keep my eye out for ya. This nasty weatherhas everyone inside on the computer and not fishing.:angry: I have been off sinselast thursday and have not made it yet I hope it clears up before I have to go back friday night. I think I will pour me some sinkers. I can make about 12-18 months worth on a day like today.

11. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Bill, that's not fair. Knowing I've been trying to get you up to Greenwood and you go and post a pic like that. Not nice at all..... LOL!!! Good Lord, if we fished together, it wouldn't be out of the same boat, that's for sure! There'd be no room for my big ol' fat butt.

12. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't even know where he stores his bait!!

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ya see, Bill aint catfishin. He is bait fishing and all them rods have sabiki rigs on them...lol...can you just imagine that, j/k, LOL.

Heck, ya cant have to many. We run 13 rods a lot of times..... Bill...I see room for 2 more holders, or is that spot reserved for me in case I ride alone and gotta jump in after one of yer fish, Hehe.

-Jim-

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <I don't even know where he stores his bait!!>

That white 55 quart cooler is actually my aerated bait tank.

<or is that spot reserved for me in case I ride alone and gotta jump in after one of yer fish, Hehe.>

STILL and AMAZING feat that will go down in the annals of catfishing lore! :wink: I OFTEN tell the story when we get in a situation of "What would Jimmy Jonny do?" :crazy: YOUR spot is ALWAYS reserved JJ!

Bill in SC

15. countryboy1616

countryboy1616 New Member

State:
    Darlington, S.C.
    Bill I had a 18' polar craft for a while but ended up with lots of problems with the welds and after I sold it the company ended up replacing the entire boat to the new owner. I actually had to lie and act like I still owned it so the company would honer the warranty. I had a honda 90 hp on it which in my opion was too heavy. I had to keep it trimmed so far down in the water just to keep the front down some. Looking back I would have gone with a lower horsepower 2 stroke.

Rohn

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm lookin' for at least a 20 footer, but certainly would consider a 24, if it were not too heavy. I noticed that the 16 foot Privateers were a WHOPPING 850lbs. My 16 foot Carolina Skiff is only just over 300 pounds w/out motor. The 23 foot Privateers were an incredible 1800 pounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a LONG, FLAT, WIDE, LIGHT, boat. Speed is NOT important, just to be able to plain out and run a moderate speed. Due to the struggling state of the economy and fuel prices, I rarely run my boat full throttle, and have cut my fuel consumption in HALF by running slower. Even if I get a big boat, I want to run the smallest engine that will get the most efficient fuel mileage. I also want to stick with the tiller steer. Consoles just take up TOO MUCH room. Whatever I do find, I will probably HAVE to sell my Harley project to pull it off. I'm hoping to find someone that might want to trade a boat for the Harley project.
    Bill in SC