Lock B, Cumberland River!

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by Kittycatcher, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Well, I had an other good weekend on the Cumberland River about 2 miles below Cheatham Dam. Bryan (Whistler) and I went out Firday night with the intent on caughting an other big catfish, inother word a repeat of the following weekend that Bryan had. We went up tp the Dam and caught about a dozen Skipjack in about an hour time. About 08:00 PM we then went down river about 2 miles and set up in the same place that Bryan caught his 62 lb Blue caught fish. With in 15 minutes we had runs on 3 out of four rods, this is looking good. About 10:30 I got a run that keep on going, so pick up the rod out of the rod holder and lock down reel and set the hook. Now the fun started, just like the fish that Bryan had got the weekend before, it was all over the river, what a fight this fish put up. About 15 to 20 minutes before we got to see this fish. A Blue Catfish that weighted 26 lbs. We came of the water about 01:30 AM Saturday Morning. We went out at about 04:30 PM on Saturday and went to the Dam again to see if we could caught somemore Skipjacks, but this time we only caught two in about 2 1/2 hrs, so we decided to go down river and set up were we did the night before. And we had the same type of events as the night before. But we didn't have any hook ups. We decided to move because a barge coming down river and we set up just 15 yds off the bank and I just through a back end of a gut pocket off of a skipjack went the clicker started to screem again pick up the rod out of the rod holder and lock down reel and set the hook. This fish put up a great fight, I would get him coming toward the boat and then he would take off again out in the channel of the river and the go toward the bank. This continued for about 15 minutes. Pictures are attached:

Attached Files:

2. jnjmeyer

jnjmeyer New Member

State:
    Richmond Heights Mo
    Wow, 2 outings, 2 nice fish, way to go Bob. Guess Bryan's finally letting someone else catch fish from his toon. :roll_eyes:

3. TNBigCat

TNBigCat New Member

State:
    TN
    Sounds like you had a wonderful trip and caught some good looking fish. What was your choice of bait?

4. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    Great job goodie. You and Bryan must be happy that the curse is now off. I'm sure we'll be seeing you on the water soon.

5. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Good fishing Bob, glad to see you guys getting into them good. Thanks for sharing the pics...

6. BamaCats

BamaCats New Member

State:
    Alabama
    looks like whistlers letting somone get some cats off his truck. Those are some nice fish.

7. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    The choice of bait is fresh skipjack. The blue was caught on a head and the striper was caught on the tail end of a gut pocket. We also had frozen skipjack and shad onboard but the fresh works better.

8. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bob, good to hear you and Bryan are hitting a hot streak. I'd like to get back out and go with yall maybe in a week or so.

9. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    OK Bob remember what the two buttons on the depth finder are for.......................................... Man overboard

Congrats Buddy

10. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    nice fish bob hope it just keeps getting better.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great fish Robert....................

12. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    nice fish there Robert and Whistler sounds like you guys found a nice honey hole to fish

13. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    WYG Billy Bob, you have a good guide.LOL...

14. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    Man that Cumberland is HOT! Nice fish TN Bro. Craig

15. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Nice fish so thats what they look like I had forgotten :lol:

16. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Nice fish there Bob and I ain't gonna talk to you and bryan at the gathering. You two didn't even call me and invite me along. :cry: :big_smile:

17. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    Really what it was bubbakat .. is about 3 weeks ago me and puddycat went out and meet up with those 2 guys to show us around the steam plant and puddycat stepped out of my boat into brians boat to look at his depth finder and after that night on things changed the bad luck on brians boat floor got on puddycats shoes and he brought it back to our boat and there for awhile we had the bad luck rub in the bottom of my boat and they picked there good luck back up on the fish. being they gave it to us .. i figured this out after a few weeks of going out and not catching anything so i went to the car wash and washed my floors down and finally we got our luck back !!! so beware stepping into brians boat !!!
    hehehe :misdoubt:

18. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Thanks Michael, What did I do to you?

19. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Michael that would really hurt to lose your luck like that.:big_smile:

The truth be known I don't care if its bad luck or good luck I just need to go fishing.:crazy:

20. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    But the good thing is that Puddycat brought over some good luck and deposited it in my boat. I'll never wash it again!! LOL Plus there's been a new fish truck hanging out near the river lately. And this one's loyal!! LOL