Lock And Dam #5

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by fishinarkansas, Aug 21, 2008.

1. fishinarkansas

fishinarkansas New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Anyone ever fish L&D #5? I fish it from the Wright side of it, unless we put the boat in. If so, anyone have any pointers, last couple of trips we have tried just about everything, keep catching nothing but little 1 pounders.

2. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Are you fishing from a boat, or from shore? I've read about a big hole somewhere below the dam that's supposed to be real good, but you've got to have a boat to reach it. I've not fished below that dam from a boat, so I can't say firsthand if that's correct or not.

3. fishinarkansas

State:
    Arkansas
    We do both, I do have a boat that we put in there, never heard of a good hole there though, we normaly pull around the lock and fish in by the dam, but the water has been a little too rough the last couple of weeks.

4. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Where exactly is lock #5

5. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    My Arkansas State Highway Map shows it as being just north of the Pine Bluff Arsenal.

6. fishinarkansas

State:
    Arkansas
    #5 from where I am at is at the small town of Wright, across the river from, I believe, Redfield, and yes, just north of the PB arsenal. Fished there again this morning in the boat, locks where opened up way too much se we went downstream some. Used hotdogs with garlic and kool-aid, cured liver with salt and garlic, fresh liver, and shad, caught 14 small channel cats, nothing cut though.

7. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Every friday he goes to lock 5 and sits but the dam (around the sign and fishes all day. He said the water was a bit rough friday and nothing good to bit. He went to shepards island today but the water is murky after the rain...Same I had to catch up on the grocery store...and such...Been neglecting it for sure or I would have been right there with him. He caught two this year that was talkers 15lbs and 16lbs

8. fishinarkansas

State:
    Arkansas

Does he fish on the Dam side, or the lock side?

9. fishinarkansas

State:
    Arkansas
    Anyone else fish close to there?

10. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Lock side.......
    down a ways but before ya get to the sanded area........
    He is addicted! LOL Sorry been real busy lately