Lock 3 and Higland Park

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by ste6168, Aug 7, 2008.

1. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I am just wondering if any of you have had ANY luck from either of theses two lock and dam systems?? I have targeted both pretty hard lately and I have not caught a decent cat yet. I am starting to wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if there just aren't cats in there, which would be VERY hard for me to believe!!! :confused2:

Frustrated, Mike

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mike - I have caught some nice Flatheads at Lock #3 in the past. Its tough this time of year from shore. If you could get out on a boat your odds would increase tenfold. The only time I do good from shore is the month of May when the Flatheads stack up at the dam. This year was different though due to below normal water temps.! :confused2: I'm not saying you can't catch them from shore there now just that is going to be tough! :eek:oooh:

3. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    If you don't mind me asking, do you have any recommendations for a decent shore fishing spot around the area?

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mike - Honestly I don't shore fish down that way much. I work in Springdale so I hit Lock #3 when I do fish down that area. I would recommend night fishing if you hit Lock #3.