Lock #1 , Regalwood

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by catfishhunter2009, Jun 28, 2009.

1. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey everyone , It was a slow night on the lock Saturday night . We only caught 3 fish a 5-6 pd blue , 3-4 pd channel , and about a 4 pd blue . No big ones , actually these fish were all smaller than im acustom to catching here . I'm not complaining , just wondering whats realy going on . Hope somebody out there is having better luck . Hate to hear about your trailer tire Randy . :eek:oooh:

2. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    the trailer tire sucked but like you i called a friend ( dumptruck ) and he rescued me thanks again dickie

3. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Did you guys fish shallow or deep....or like us everything:smile2: I'm sure the current was pretty swift up there and muddy too?

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I just don,t know why randy waited as long as he did to call. I would have got the spare to him quicker if i had a known he needed it ,thaT,s not a part of town i want to be sitting alone ,FROM 3AM TILL 830 in the morning :wink:

5. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    We fished shallow to deep , drop offs , holes , creek chanels , just not much of anything anywhere we tried . It was sturred up pretty good . I fished a hole that i've always caught plenty of fish out of , and there wasn't much of anything there . Don't know ,hopefully I may be able to get out there this week . I'll let you know . Oh ya I forgot to mension that I talked to a man that lives there and he said that the water has been abnormaly high for about a week . And your the man Dickie , way to help out your fellow brother . :wink::wink::big_smile:

6. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yep Dickie that was pretty spot on there. Way to help a friend out:0a31:

7. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    I heard they drained some of jordan lake is why the river was high and stirred up. They even had the gates at O'Huske closed for a little while due to the high waters....

8. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    I've also heard that we had an abnormally high tied last week that flooded Carolina Beach . Don't know if this would effect the lock or not .:confused2::crazy:

9. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    The tide was definitely doing some funky stuff. Usually when we get a lot of rain the outgoing tide does as it should it's the incoming tide that does all the weird stuff. It'll come all the way back in sometimes in as little as 30min and then trickle in, stop, change direction, stop, trickle in, rush in for a little while and sometimes it's Lake Cape Fear. Lets you get a good spread out like that but I think it kinda messes up the fish as well.

10. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    I thought I was told they couldn't shock on #1 , BUT COULD #2 AND #3 . I could be mistaken , happens all the time lol . You been out up there Tommy ?

11. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Shocking Sucks..........:angry:

12. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    I hit the lock again today . Wow you want to talk about slow , had 2bites and caught 1 blue around 4#s . She was slapp full of clams . Got on the water around 6 am and left a little before 3 pm . I used eels and brim , the fish I caught was on eel head . Hope someone out there is having better luck than me . :tounge_out::tounge_out::crazy::cool2::wink::big_smile:

P.S. Dan I agree .

13. catfishhunter2009

State:
    North Caro
    Congrats there Tommy . That doesn't sound to bad to me , my last 3-4 trips havent been worth a dam . I need to make my way up there and get out there with you one night . :0a23:

14. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    i fished the same section....lock 1 to black river.........was a bad night for all.......hope this rain we're getting cools off the water temp some!

15. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    I did notice though while we were fishing near brunswick power plant.....we kept a few to bring home to eat weekend before last.....when we cleaned them......they were full of sand fiddlers....well thats what i call them.....the little one pincher crabs!......maybe we should try them for bait!

16. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    KEVIN that was the sutton plant you were at , just over the hill from u was sutton lake :wink:

17. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    i have the same problem fishing high water on the pee dee, i think what it is is the fish get far more scatterd out and not in thier predictible places, it would be kinda like me finding a new hunting spot cant wait to go check it out maybe they are the same way, and also when the mussels open up this time of year the blue fishing can get pretty tough, but i think the flatheads head out in search of new hunting grounds when the rivers up. i could be wrong but just my opinion!!!!!!!

18. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    thanks dumptruck...........i was told it was brunswick........but that makes more since seeing how sutton lake is there........lol:embarassed:..........and also thanks for the info on the pee dee riverrat............i want to try it ther one day!

19. Jollymon

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    KEVIN the brunswick plant is the nuclear plant an it is farther downriver near southport in the saltwater section of cape fear river ,good fishing down that way to for saltwater fish :wink:

20. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    thanks man......i guess i shouldve know from the size.............especially as many times as i passed sharon harris!...............how do the cats do down that way............and by chance............how far down in the salt water can the flatties stand it?