Location isolator lead?

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Fishking, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    Bobpaul & Bubbakat,
    I picked up a Yamaha isolator lead for my motor so it would charge two batteries at the same time. The installation is very simple if I could only find the engines isolator plug. The directions state:
    "1. Remove the protective plug from the engine's isolator lead inside the lower cowling."

The 3 small black & white example pics they give don't really show much. I assume where I need to plug this in at is capped off and all I need to do is find it, remove cap and plug in my aux lead. I have attached 3 pics of the area I assume the plug is at. Also one of the pics shows the the connector I'm trying to plug in. Any help locating this would be appreciated. I can also take more pics if needed. Thanks, Andrew

Attached Files:

2. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew
    After poking around, I believe I found the aux lead from the alternator. On the other side of the motor from what the instruction example pics show. A single bigger gauge red wire leading to a plug with a cap that matches the plug I'm trying to use. I have attached pics, one pic shows from left to right: the aux plug from the motor, the cap, and the plug I'm attempting to use. BTW the motor is a 2007 Yamaha F225. I'll wait to finish up connecting these pieces til I hear from Bobpaul or Bubbakat for some reassurance.
    Thanks, Andrew

Attached Files:

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That looks like it's your plug in. Without a schematic, I can't be sure.

I've never had to tap into that lead, that I can recall.
    In doing a little research, I found out that the newer 200 hp and up motors do have a battery isolator lead wired in.