Location by Size

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by orion_xxvx, Mar 30, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    Seems to me cats of all varieties seem to cut back on travel after they reach about 10 lbs. It requires a lot of moving water to make them move a substantial distance. (A couple of miles) Whats your thoughts ?

2. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have noticed that all the cats over 10 pounds , are always on the other side of the lake.

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I think that Blues and Flatheads move much more than most believe.

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I think they move a heck of a lot more then they do when little. I don't see a few miles as a big problem for them.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yea I think most of the big fish just set on the bottom of the water and just eat off the bottoms

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    several yrs back, marine bioligists shocked some flatheads hear by yuma and tagged them. then followed them as they moved. i was told they went quite a few miles upriver that day in boat following them.
    gary

7. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    I THINK THEY WILL MOVE ALONG WITH THERE FOOD SOURCE.SHAD DON'T STAY IN ONE AREA YEAR ROUND. SO THEY MUST MOVE WITH THE MIGRATION OR STARVE.

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I think catfish have seasonal homes to coincide with water temps, spawning,etc. They may travel several miles to find thier spots, but hang pretty close to home during that season.