Locating no roll sinkers

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by mudfather, Jul 20, 2006.

1. mudfather

mudfather New Member

State:
    iowa
    i am a new member of the boc and i was hoping if you all can help me out. for a whike now i have read numerous articles about catfishing and they all seem to sue the flat no roll sinkers that your line goes through like an egg sinker. i am wanting to experiment with them can't seem to find any here in clinton iowa. looked in towns around here to no avail. i was wondering if any one knew a place around here or on line that carries them. close as i found is i found a mood through cabelas.dont really want to tryt making them myself.

2. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have a news flash for you friend. If you are still interseted in NO-Roll- SINKERS send me a private message and i will direct you to them.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    search on Ebay, they have them there cheap.

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    They are cheap on Ebay. Just type in No Roll Sinkers and look at what comes up, or try http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=No+Roll+Sinkers&category0=

note: if you do it go ahead and buy alot. most places can ship up to something like 60 pounds at the same price, ask the person first but i bought 50 pounds of weights on ebay and paid the same shipping as if i'd bought 3. I think mine came out to like 8 cents an ounce (gave me a little discount for buying so many).

5. mudfather

mudfather New Member

State:
    iowa
    i like to say thanks for the help and info. it helped and found some on ebay and took the advice and got as many as i can.:cool2:

6. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
  7. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    They can be tough to locate, but honestly if you plan on needing a bunch of them it will be cheaper to make them.

8. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Has anyone tried putting a small nail through an egg sinker and then squashing it flat with a mallot? Remove the nail and you have a no roll sinker. Not tried it myself, but it sounds like it should work as long as the lead doesn't split.

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    There is your answer, and welcome to the BOC the best catfishing site on the net!

10. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You have it! :wink:

11. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Here's a heads up for anyone looking for sinkers. I ordered about 9lbs. of no-roll and other sinkers from one of our members right here in the BOC. Michael, sent them out to me last Wednesday, should be here today 7/24/06. If you're in the market, give one of our Brothers a shot and keep the members strong. I personally thank Michael for his work in getting these sent to me.
    Don