locating catfish on badin

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by powerwagon, Aug 17, 2009.

1. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Trying to find the best way to find the cats on badin lake at this time of year.from what i have read thay should be holding around dropoffs and suspended out deep around bait fish colums:eek:oooh: is this right? im trying to to find some good spots to start using the boat rods(not wanting to jug any more want to try somthing chalenging) so far i have tryed about30-60 foot were there are fish on the sonar.At the fast water at the damn anchord of plenty on the sonar. But we ant catchin them :sad2:

2. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    o0o0o and what time works the best!

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Colton, I've fished Badin twice over the last 3 weeks. We only caught a few and they were not very big. It seemed that there were a lot of fish suspended in about 20' of water. I don't know if that's where the thermocline is or not, but the bigger fish seemed to have lockjaw. The smaller blues were biting livers and shad, but not bluegill. Tomahawk says that they prefer the white perch this time of year. We fished everywhere from 26' of water to 50' of water. Water temp on Friday was 81 degrees.

4. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    We catch a lot of perch on spons, and keep alot for eating (good sized ones). do you think frozen perch would work as good as fresh,because the deepchest is full of perch.