Locating boat ramps

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Muleskinner, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Muleskinner

Muleskinner New Member

State:
    Ms.
    I would like to know if any of y'all can help me on this one. Their is plenty of creeks and rivers around where I live. As I ride around it seems like I am always discovering boat ramps that I didn't even know was there. I enjoy fishing a lot of different areas. Just to see what it is like. My question is. Is their anyway that you can find out all the boat ramps that the state has installed. So maybe you could have a list of all of them and have your choice of where to go?

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
  3. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    You might can check with county governments, I think some of the smaller boat ramps are put in by the counties.

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    That's novel, counties putting in boat ramps. Sometimes, in Texas, it looks like Parks and Wildlife and the Dept. of Transportation don't want anyone to fish rivers anymore, several have been taken out. The counties, except on the coast, seldom do anything like that.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Just had another thought. Look in your phone book for Marinas most of them will have a boat ramp too

6. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    I have found a couple boat ramps just by driving around. I have also used Google Earth and spent some time playin around with it, then trying to match a boat ramp on the river to local roads on a map. Some of them end up being in/on private lands, but i have found 3 boat ramps in the last year that i was not aware off.
    ANother thing i've done is go for long runs up the river 8-10 miles (long for me, lol :cool2: ) and located one other ramp...though i have yet found out how to drive to it :confused2:

cyas
    robert

7. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    MD has a map listing most if not all the public boat ramps in the state...different states run it different ways.