Local urban lakes tucson az

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by explayer, Sep 9, 2005.

1. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    Thought I would try this has anyone fished these lakes if so what do you catch them on how do you do what the biggest cat that you have caught out of these local lakes

2. willisjj

willisjj Guest

Those urban lakes are stocked in the summer and spring months with catfish every two weeks, and in the winter months with trout every 2 weeks (starting in October). They are also periodically stocked with bass, bluegill, and hybrid sunfish. You should be able to get a copy of the urban fishing regs and guidebook at wal-mart and you can also visit the Arizona Game and Fish website for more details as well as a weekly (sometimes, lol) urban and state fishing bulletin or report. Stocking have been suspended this summer due to the heat and low oxygen levels in the water but will resume the week of 19 September. Catfish will be stocked at that time and every two week afterword until they switch over to trout in October sometime. They spend a lot of money on this program and while most of the cats are in the 2 lb. range it isn't uncommon to catch some over 5 lbs. occasionally. I think I read that last year they spent over $130,000.00 on fish for these ponds, so definately get out there and catch a few for yourself. Its nice when I don't have time to drive an hour and a half to the lake and its great for kids especially. You do have to buy an urban fishing licence which is 16 bucks I believe, but well worth it, if you plan on fishing these ponds alot. Hope this helps!

3. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    I been fishing Kennedy since i was a kid. Biggestest was caught when i was still a teen, didnt have a scale but was probably like 6-7 lbs. Have had my best luck on chicken liver by the cement slab at the end of the lake by the park... good luck !!!!

4. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    thank you for the help I have been fishing all summer long just wonder if anybody had fished it this summer It was very slow I usually fish sliverbell at least once a week I am using Magic stick bait chicken livers have not really not caught anything special few here and there catch and release all of them maybe I can use something differt any suggestion so i can maybe catch more the Magic stink bait I use all them whopper shad, liver and cheese, king blood you name it please help

5. anakin

anakin Member

State:
    Florence, Az.
    Ive never fished Silverbell for cats but have heard that by the weeds on the other side is a good spot.

As far as baits go, the ones I use are chicken livers, shrimp & worms for urban lakes. Now that I got a casting net, next time i go to Kennedy, im going to try cutbait if i can catch me some gills.

6. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    I really want to thank you for your help hope to see you out there sometime :)

7. silverbell

silverbell New Member

State:
    AZ
    I have been down at Silverbell lake almost every night for the last week. Usually around sunset till 9-10 pm. I have had good luck using Salmon. The largest cat I pulled out 3# 14oz. All catch and release. I am going to try bacon next time I go.

8. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    The library lake in Gilbert is great for cat we use 3 minnow on a hook with a sliding sinker. My boys like to go there cause of the action but no flats there so I don't normally go there. Close to home for a quick little fun. Might be at the Salt or Bartlett this weekend. :0a23: