local ressi

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by stangcrazy85, May 22, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    went ot there today by myself all the cattin buddies were already out without me oh well i sat ot my big pole baitcaster and set out to catch some gills, used the head section and the belly section didnt think anything was gonna happen and thats when it happened screamin clicker ran to it like a little school girl and of course missed i messed like 15 runs no sh!t changed hooks and still kept missing finaly figured it out and started landing them nothing to write home about 3 of the 4 were between 22 and 26 inches according to my 4 ft level

Attached Files:

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    heres a few more

Attached Files:

3. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    so what did u do to change ur luck? or did i miss something.sometimes a smaller hook will do it , i dont know if the fish bump thehook and they feel a part of it and that scares them off or what, i was useing a 8/0 hook and couldnt hook up, my brother was useing a smaller hook and he had hooked up 3 TO MY 0 :angry:. so i was thinking well we got the same bait, so maybe it mite be these big 8/0 hooks, so i put smaller hooks on 2 of my rods and left one with thebig hook finely i started to hook up with the smaller hooks then after a while i got 2 with the big boy

4. CatBobJimFish

CatBobJimFish New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Don't worry, I have a bad habit of using too large a hook also, and it almost always costs me some fish. I think the advantage of the smaller hook is that it makes it a little harder for the fish to mouth the bait without actually taking the hook into it's mouth.... For me it's a hard choice though, the big hooks hold soooo much more bait.

So far this year it really hasn't mattered what hook size I use, all they're doing is nibbling and somehow not getting the hook into their mouth.

Gonna give it a try tomorrow night with some 3 hook 5/0 circlehook rigs, but I've also got some much smaller hooks already leadered just incase.

5. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    well i really wasnt planning a catfish outing just threw one out while bassin and i guess thats all it took
    just got home from a 4 hour stint in the same spot even had cut shad nothin but a huge snapper that the guy down the bank gave me but i let him go for a nother day

6. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    oh and keep in mind that 3 earlier cats today were as long as a 235-75-15 tire and wheel on my ranger just thought i would throw that at ya