Local Pond

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by dozer, Dec 23, 2008.

1. dozer

dozer New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey fellers,
    I am new here to NC and glad to be here. I have a question. I have a good size local pond I am fishing and I caught a few small channels out of it 1 lbers maybe. I am catching them on night crawlers dragging the bottom real slow with light tackle . I have caught most during the daytime but they are few and far between AKA very slow fishing. Is there something I should try to increase action Baits? rigging? this pond is located in Oak Grove area off rt 98 in durham. I do not have a bait net as of yet for live bait options.

Please any help would be appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Although Crawlers are a good choice for bait try mixing it up alittle with the other baits and try to see what works best. Try using a float as well. On a small pond it may work alittle better. Try a night trip the spring or summer. If nothing works might not be alot of cats in the pond. Have fun with it get a few friends out all trying different things all over the pond and see what happens. Good luck either way

3. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    take a cane pole and catch some bream, or whatever else is in the pond, bream head on the bottom and other cut bait different sizes. I agree try some with corks. I always keep one bait out thats a little oversized. dont rule out chiken liver for channel cats. I dont know how big or what kinds of cats are there but if theres flatheads then leave some bream (bait fish) alive. I'm guessing that theres no blues in the pond.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Different baits,times,presentations,spots seems as tho the bases are covered .

5. Gaffney Catman

Gaffney Catman New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Welcome to the BOC:big_smile: