Local Indiana meet and greet.

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by catseeman, Aug 5, 2006.

1. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Hello Indiana memebers. Lets toss out some ideas for a local gathering On the 12 or 19 of August. I live central and can travel most of the state. Post here with suggestions.

2. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im game... just let me know when and where... Could meet up at the IPL Dam off of 39 and 67 by Martinsville... Plenty of room or back at White River Parkway north of Westside Bait and Tackle again..... Or right in front of Westside Bait and Tackle.. Just a few suggestions....

3. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    I would love to get together with everyone just depends on the dates scheduled for Bengals game next weekend and have military weekend on the 19th and 20th if I miss it I'm sure everyone will have a good time and I'll just have to make the next one

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    19th we are having a BOC Get together in Ohio on the western side. Maybe not too far for yall to come out and eat and fish??

Just a heads up, it is at CJ Brown, off of 70.

5. Jim G

Jim G New Member

State:
    Noblesville, Indiana
    Sounds great I would really like to get togther and meet. I will be gone the entire month of september attending some training for my job in Albany New York other that that I think I could make it. Need any help getting it organized let me know I will try and help.

Jim

6. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i may have to join the Ohio Brothers for their gathering. if there is not enough interest in Indiana.

7. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Leonard we are just more in to fishing in indiana. In ohio they just drink and the go cow tipping. lol just kidding guys. I work over there and were always cracking jokes back and forth.

8. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The only reason I even Joke about it is because brookville lake gets infested with buckeyes just as it is infested with zebra mussels. They are both a big nucence. Lets take an hour to get the boat off the trailer. lets take 2 hours to get it back on. I even had one tell me to use the Indiana side of the lake one time. Guess he didnt realize he had crossed the state line.

9. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I can't make it on either date. Family get together this weekend and tourney next weekend.

10. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Leonard, just let me know whats going on im game.... Hell i'll even go to Ohio too...

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    just seen this bro. already have plans for the weekend. sounds like a good time though. maybe gather at salamone or mississinawa at a later date for a night of fishing?

12. tbischof

tbischof New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am free for the 12th if anyone is meeting up.

Unfortunately on the 19th I will be down in Kentucky for a family gathering and hoping to fish the Rolling Fork river some on the family farm down in Nelson Co.

13. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Let's meet at one of the dams on the Ohio and all set up our poles and bank fish. Have like 30 of us with poles out (that'd be 90 poles, at least) chatting and having a good time!

14. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    What do you do at these gatherings? is there fishing at these gatherings. Give me an idea what to expect because Ill go to one and have a few beers when I get back to Indiana shortly.

15. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Me and my brother are always game for an outing. I can drum up at least 4 other members. Does anyone have a place or a friend with a place on Geist Reservoir, I have been hearing good things about the flathead population in there. I know of an awesome aquarium we can fish in down by Scottsburg, I will be there on the weekend of the 25th of August with about 8 members/ friends. PM me for details if interested. Skippie, your cracking me up with the buckeye slander. JK!!

16. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I could meet about anywhere, but Satursday arent good for me-catfish tournaments on most Saturdays. But a Sunday might be good, until football season of course, lol. So somebody just set a date and place and we'll try to get something. I'd like to get together on the Ohio but I realize a more centrally located spot would be better, I've never fished around Indy so that would be fun too. Somebody just be the one to make the decision :big_smile:

17. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I'm up for any date that you guys decide on. I set my own hours. lol

18. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey Everyone,
    I think all of us would have a great time at a spot I know of just south of Scottsburg, which is off of I65 about 30 miles north of louisville. I live in Indy and have had no luck catching any large cats around the cities waters, so I am recommending an slightly different idea. We have caught several flatheads there this year, many in the mid 20lb range, a few over 30. Several 50lb+ blues have been caught in the past month. The place is called the Aquarium, please PM me for more information about this get together.
    Eric

Check out the thread started on this outing.

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Eric i know of a few guys.. ones a memmber that you met at the dam south of indy. im sure he would like to come out also.. and i could get 1 other guy... sounds fun.. we should have a blast.... Hopefully Jim ( baitfish ) and Leonard ( CatSeeman ) can attend....