Local Bait & Tackle Shops

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Team StrayCats, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    Hi every one, This just a reminder to visit your local Bait & Tackle shop.I know many of you do and there are some that dont. I for one owned a Bait & Tackle Shop and my biggest complaint was wal-mart & K-Mart is cheaper. And this is true,BUT the tackle shops have to pay more for there items than wal-mart and k-mart they can,t buy them by the 1000,s like they do. And also the rods and reels are made diff, for the bait shop than they are for wal-mart and k-mart they are a better quality at the bait shops. The reels that you buy from wal and k-marts are made with plastic sleves where the ones for the shops have at least 1 to 2 ball bearings instead of the sleves. I understand that alot just cant afford the prices at the local bait shops. I cant afford them eather but i still go. My wife works for wal-mart here in my little town. I dont buy equipment there because it seems i have to take it back because it stops working or something. the local bait and tackle shops are special places and are a dieing breed. there are not to many of them left and the marts will drive them out sooner or later. then there will be none. So visit your local Bait & Tackle Shops today. Let me know where your Bait & Tackle Shop is, Mine here is Riverland Bait and Tackle shop. Thank you for reading this .

2. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    Amen brother, when i get older and have steady income im planing on opening a tackle shop. rep to ya

3. Team StrayCats

State:
    florida
    Come on i know theres more of you that go to the Bait Shops. Where,s your Bait shop and whats there name. There 2 in this little i,m at Riverland Bait And Tackle,,,,And Anglers cove Bait and Tackle and they rent boats at this one because they are on the river. Show some Local Bait Shop support

4. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Mine is US Bass on the Trace in Dover. The owner is like a member of my family. Not only do the shops have better quality, they are the best source of info on "what to use and where to go". In fact I visited him yesterday and went over budget again. Seems like I am always over budget.:roll_eyes: At least it was for something productive.:big_smile:

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I was entertaining the thought of opening a rod & tackle shop. It would fare great up in my part especially if I sold a lil cheaper than the rest! Not hard, because any G.Loomis rod is selling for $200.00 and up! Hell, I can order one from the factory retail even and get a better price for certain! Flies can sell for $4-40 depending what pattern and if local pattern & hand tied. I bet I would make out good. Alot of rich tourists, ya know the type- all the best gear and pay ungody sums to stay at the lodge..crazy..but they come down here and think everything is a bargain...REALLY!
    "A fool and his money are soon parted" I dunno who said that. Probably P.T.Barnum but good wisdom nonetheless!

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I visit Salt Fork Outdoors (my local tackel ) shop at least once a week for gear ,bait or just an update on what has been caught you know BS a little

7. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Well The Sad Thing Is That We Only Have One And It's Fairly New,but I Stop In And Get What I Can't Get Naturally.

8. Team StrayCats

State:
    florida
    Theres good income in a bait shop. i just tryed to carry what wal-mart and k-mart didnt carry. But then again i was a cat and carp shop so i carry alot that they didnt. You have to have a good supply house where you can get good cat equipment because there isnt a big mark up on rods and reels and tackle not if want to keep custermers coming back. I was very polite and helpfull to all that came in. if i didnt have it tell me what it is you want and i would have it by thursday (supply day for shop) There are some shops that just dont care and those are the ones i dont go in. If you want to pm me i would be willing to give you some numbers for good supply house,s That is if your going to open a bait and tackle shop.