Local bait store

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by eric2006, Sep 1, 2008.

1. eric2006

eric2006 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I checked at the local bait shop and he had three Abu Garcia reels.
    6000 Red- $79.99
    6600 Blue;gold- $109.99
    not sure what model the other was, but it was for $99.99.

The guy at the store seemed busy with people so only thing i could ask is which was better for catfish. He said all was made for catfishing and the one for 100 bucks had the most cranking power.

Im sure all three is a very good reel considering i've heard nothing but good talk from Abu Garcia reels.
    Do you guys agree with going with the reel with more cranking power or the one that has a little more speed reeling (6600), or maybe the 6000 model is just as good also?

2. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im sure all three is a very good reel considering i've heard nothing but good talk from Abu Garcia reels.
    Do you guys agree with going with the reel with more cranking power or the one that has a little more speed reeling (6600), or maybe the 6000 model is just as good also...

IM PROBABLY NO HELP TO YOU BUT

WHATS WHY I LIKE SPINNING REELS.... THEY DONT HAVE AS MUCH CRANKING POWER BUT THEY REEL IN FAST....

PROBABLY DIDNT HELP YOU BUT THATS MY $0.02

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Eric you normally use your rod, pulling up then winding down. It sounds like he may be suggesting the abu garcia 6500 c3, a favorite with alot of us catfisherman. You can't go wrong with any of the abu garcia baitcasters, the 6000, 6500, and 6600 c4. Some of us use the c4 to get it off the bottom a little quicker, to stay out of snags and rocks. The 6000 is a good starter baitcasting reel, it has bushings instead of bearings.

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I Have 9-10 6000 Walmart (59.99) love them all They are godo for lake fishing for channels and some flats I don't catch many lake flats as they are hard to catch I Put 65 pound power pro braid on them The Line last about 2-3 years or longer really depends on the amount of fishing you do.

My Favorite Reel is the 6500 Cabela's(83.00) they are one step up from the 6000 and have 3-4 bearings I like them the best for lakes.

For The Rivers I Use The 7000Ic3 Cabela's (119.00)On Sale Right Now They Are My Favorite Bait caster For The River I They Won't Let You Down And If You Save The Reciept And Don't Like Them Take Them Back I Put 100 Pound Power Pro On Them. Boy You Can Really Cast These Far.

Hope This Helps Feel Free To Ask Anymore Question If You need?

Also Just An FYI Are You A New Baitcaster??

If You Are Learning To Cast A BaitCaster You Might Want TO BY A TIdeWater From Walmart First The Are Really Good Reels And Are Cheaper The The ABU's Like 39.00 Or So.

5. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    you can buy the 6000 at wal-mart for 59.99

6. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I have the 2 6000's. I got them at walmart and I have never had a problem with them. They are great reels. I love them. Abu Garcia is the only reels I will buy. I will probably upgrade to a different model when these break down on me. But for now I am sticking with them.