LMS 522c question about trails, etc

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Phil50, May 11, 2007.

1. Phil50

Phil50 New Member

State:
    Il
    I have a 522c and like it ok. I have about 10 trails that I've made since I've had it. The problem is; I can't seem to "SAVE" them to the SD card so I can then load them into MapCreate software for editing and separating.

I can make a .usr file with MapCreate and transfer it to the 522c with no problems.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Phil, I think you want to go "Menu" then "Menu" again, then select "System Setup", then "Transfer My Data". You should get a popup that asks "Save Which Way?". Select "Save". This should transfer all data such as trails and waypoints to the SD card.
    From a clean screen, select "Menu"; "Menu"; "Browse MMC Files" and you can view the data on the card.
    These instructions work for my LMS-337c df, but should be pretty much the same for your newer unit. :big_smile:

3. Phil50

Phil50 New Member

State:
    Il
    Yes, that is the same step-by-step that is required with the 522c. It goes through the motions and does indeed place a .usr file on the SD card, but when I try to use the file in MapCreate 7.0, the software goes through the motions but nothing is loaded, from either the SD card or the hard drive.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Are you placing the SD card in the LEI card reader before starting up the program? That seems to help me. Otherwise, I'm at a loss..:confused2:

5. Phil50

Phil50 New Member

State:
    Il
    Yes, otherwise the program won't even acknowledge the card being present. I think it's the 522c, possibly not writing the file correctly. I'm going to call Lowrance Monday. I wonder how their customer support is??

Thanks for the replies, Blackwater.

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    phil better be patient...i was in hold for over an hour before I talked to somebody at Lowrance and that was the first time...

The second time was also about an hour. I finally got the right answer...

If your in a big hurry they will ask you if you want to leave a message but you have to be on hold for about 15 minutes before that promt is activated.

My question was about the tranducer and power cable compatibility between the x125 and 522c. The first guy told me they were not the second told me they were...

7. Phil50

Phil50 New Member

State:
    Il
    Oh great, another wasted morning on the phone. Thanks for the reply.