Llittle Nemaha River

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by flathead_hunter, Jan 17, 2007.

1. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    does anyone here fish the little nemaha river i havn't in about the last 10 years or so did alot back when i was a kid or is it just getting to dry and shallow to fish all my old holes are about dry when they were 5-6 foot deep

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Both TA2D and myself have pretty much lived on that river since we were teenagers. We're from the Auburn area. The little pan-size Channel (pretty much all there is anymore) in my avatar is from the Little Nemaha. There's still some decent holes if you know where they are, but that river is so low compared to what it was 10 years ago.

SudDawg

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    thanks what do you use for bait??? i have always used minnow and crawllers with a bobber and float them over the holes i seen some spots i'd like to try between auburn and brock when we are riding quads down there cuase thats all i do on it any more do you ever catch skipjack or goldeneye down there? thanks again

4. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Brock! Ok, myself and TA2D went to Johnson-Brock. I lived right outside of Brock. Anyways, the best bait by far that we use is cut shad. Just got to get lucky and find where they're at. Use a cast net, and you should get a good amount if you find a school. This stuff is crazy with the channels, and even some small flatheads. When the shad isn't going well, creek chubs tend to work pretty good. And we've got a whole bunch of goldeye in that river, but no skipjack. Later

Suds

5. suggy183

suggy183 New Member

State:
    NE
    I sure would like to find a place to catch skippies

6. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    hey jr nice fish dont you wish you could catch some thing like that