LKN White Perch Report 7-27-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I have been laid low by a cold since late Friday morning and missed out on a trip and some fun fishing this weekend. Yesterday one of my buds was cat fishing and ran across some perch and he called me on his cell and told me where they were and the size of the school. I could not stand laying around the house anymore, so I cranked up the Honda and off I went to the new perch hole. I put out three Sabiki's, one baited with small pieces of shad and I did some jigging with my jigging spoon. All four rigs caught perch and I ended up with 21 in an hour and headed back home. If the perch had stayed bunched up I would have caught more, but I believe a school of bass were busting them and they kept moving. Perch were located due East of Marker 11 in what we call "no mans land".

2. P1NTO

P1NTO New Member

State:
    north carolina
    thanks for the report

3. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    I've had some good trips in No Mans Land... Did you have to dodge any skiier's or jet skis?

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Did you have to dodge any skiier's or jet skis?

There was a ski boat pulling a skier on the salaam course, but I was a 1/4 mile away.