LKN water level as of 12-28-09

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Currently LKN is at 98.3% full pond and the targeted percentage should be 96%. So, this means that Mtn. Island and Lake Wylie will be getting a bunch of water in the next day or two.

Striper fishermen and other fishermen on LKN say that it has shut down or given the fish lockjaw on Norman, but still, I managed to get a 35 pounder the other day, go figure. :eek:oooh: Truth is, it was very slow.

I and another boat went out yesterday to catch some bait for Dieter and Cary, but we came away empty handed. Marked them, but could not get them to bite.

2. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thanks for tring Mac. Looking like we are going to have to use what we can catch down there this weekend.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Water still rising and it is muddy down to Marker 14.

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Lake Wylie is muddy all the way to the dam. The bite is almost non-existent. Bait and larger fish have left the main river channels and moved into the creeks and coves where most of the bait is suspended.

Found white perch, suspended, under baits schools in some creeks. Had to down line live minnows to catch them like you do for stripers. Only caught four in an hour, but they were about a pound each. Wish I would have had more time.

Passed the exact location to Bowlerman, so hopefully he will load up tonight on 'em!!

:wink: