LKN Valentines Day fishing report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    I got brave this AM, gave the better 3/4's her Valentine card and my favorite type of chocolate and told her that I was going striper fishing. Excellent conditions for striper fishing. Overcast with lite sprinkles and wind. Almost felt guilty about doing it, but that passed as soon as I started the outboard. Went back to Beaver Dam Creek and there must have been 12 boats fishing the area. Marked plenty of bait at the opening and along the left side going in. Net results was five pull backs on the planer boards which I did not connect with and I boated four bass and one small blue.

Got back home soaking wet and the boss wanted to know what I did with her favorite scissors. Time for me to go to plan B for this special day. I used them the other day to cut some cotton material for my bait tank.

2. andrew76

andrew76 New Member

State:
    southwest ohio
    All i got to say is Iv been "fishin all morning"!!!!!:wink:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mac you just dont learn do ya(LOL) messin with Mama's faverote scissors(LOL)

4. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Mac that area turned on later in the day after all the boats cleared out. One of my buddies was in there and got 8 on number 25 shiners with a triple on once. Me and Anthony will be down in the am give me a call if your on anything good.

Shane

5. Catfishnz4me

Catfishnz4me New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    carried my wife with me crappie fishing today.. yes there was some complaining but caught plenty of good eatin fish!